Enhanced Edition? Notsomuch...

andy

A bit of warning: I bought the iBooks enhanced edition of the Index Xenos 2, thinking it'd be pretty-much a straight digital implementation of the physical book, but with maybe a couple of 360-degree model photos or somesuch. Unfortunately, GW went all-in on the capabilities of the medium, and instead of presenting each unit's weapons & capabilities as simple stat-blocks (like they did in the physical book) they put all the crunchy bits in as cascading hot links -- so instead of just glancing at a unit's page for specific details during play, you have to click through one or more links. Super aggravating. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, andy said:

A bit of warning: I bought the iBooks enhanced edition of the Index Xenos 2, thinking it'd be pretty-much a straight digital implementation of the physical book, but with maybe a couple of 360-degree model photos or somesuch. Unfortunately, GW went all-in on the capabilities of the medium, and instead of presenting each unit's weapons & capabilities as simple stat-blocks (like they did in the physical book) they put all the crunchy bits in as cascading hot links -- so instead of just glancing at a unit's page for specific details during play, you have to click through one or more links. Super aggravating. 

Thanks for taking the time. 

• Like 2

I ended up getting the Chaos enhanced edition even though I had the Imp1 Standard tablet one,,wanted to see the differences.

Enhanced is nice for list building but yeah,,the link spam can get annoying at times,,in the long run most will have those weapon stats memorized anyway.Since I use Android and IoS,,ill probably just stick with the epub/IoS standard issues.

• Like 2