More Starters, DG and Primaris

pretre

40 minutes ago, WestRider said:

Still kind of disappointed that the Reivers don't have some sort of "Infiltrate" option. Maybe it will be there in the Codex version, but my gut feeling is no.

I think that these are the 'starter set' rules and we'll see more rules for even just the normal rules, ignoring codex. Or at least a faq.

8 minutes ago, pretre said:

I think that these are the 'starter set' rules and we'll see more rules for even just the normal rules, ignoring codex. Or at least a faq.

Yeah, but there have also been other things, like people asking about it on Facebook, and being told "Put them in a Repulsor", instead of "They'll get something like that in the Codex."

I think that lacking a special infiltration deployment makes for an interesting point/counterpoint with traditional Scouts. 

On the other hand, I really expected them to have some sort of post-deployment/pre-game "scout move" to get them into position. As it stands, they'd be absolutely gold if they could make use of a Land Speeder Storm... But they can't.

I'm really hoping the forthcoming codices add something to the Primaris Marines other than what's been announced so far. I'd like to be able to have Hellblasters with other special weapons besides plasmaguns (esp. flamers and meltaguns), I'd really like to see more wargear options for the heroes, and I really hope they get an "Hover Rhino" APC to complement the "Hover Razorback" Repulsor IFV. (Drop Pods wouldn't go amiss either.)

• Like 1