New guy etiquette

Sgt. Rock

Hey guys,

So I'm going to play my first game tonight against Philip, hoping to mash a few goblins. Thing is, I've never played in a BB league, and I obviously have never played in an Ordo BB league. What's the etiquette for matches? What do I do for bringing my team list, or whatever? I know in other games, it's a courtesy to have a copy of your army list, but as I said, I'm new to Blood Bowl. What do I do to avoid any sort of major faux pas over the course of the league?

As far as lists, it is always good to have a copy for both of you to reference. This becomes far more important as you start getting skills. I also recommend printing off a match report sheet if you can. You can find them by going to ordobowl.com. Hover over the "League Menu" button and click on "Upcoming Matches". Find your match and click on the "View" link. Find and click "Download PDF Match Report". This makes it easy to keep track of all the data during the match as well as has both teams rosters on them. 

Since your match is tonight, here is a link to the match report.

My 2 cents,

player models should look consistent and be numbered correctly. If you have had fun making custom players, they should be clearly positional. I don't want to remember that the guy with blue eyes is a blitzer and the brown eyes are linemen. If they are too similar, painting a color ring on the base with their position is enough for me.

Consistently turn models to show they have finished their action for the turn. In the heat of the game, it can be easy to forget which ones are done.

Throw away your custom dice that can't be read from across the table, or that use weird symbols.

Share dice, and leave out only the minimum necessary.

Stalling is valid.

Fouling is valid. Fouling every turn is valid.

Fouling on T16 is annoying, but ok.

Declare the models action before moving... Don't turn a move into a blitz, or a move into a pass.

Don't roll a die without saying why you are rolling beforehand. Rolling a D6 and THEN saying "ok, my Ogre isn't boneheaded so he blitzes..."

Pause after rolling blocks to make sure the other guy sees the dice, avoid rolling them far away.

ROLL the dice, don't drop them or flip them or roll them one at a time and have them bump into each other. ( that's a stabbing )

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kb10r said:

My 2 cents,

player models should look consistent and be numbered correctly. If you have had fun making custom players, they should be clearly positional. I don't want to remember that the guy with blue eyes is a blitzer and the brown eyes are linemen. If they are too similar, painting a color ring on the base with their position is enough for me.

Consistently turn models to show they have finished their action for the turn. In the heat of the game, it can be easy to forget which ones are done.

Throw away your custom dice that can't be read from across the table, or that use weird symbols.

Share dice, and leave out only the minimum necessary.

Stalling is valid.

Fouling is valid. Fouling every turn is valid.

Fouling on T16 is annoying, but ok.

Declare the models action before moving... Don't turn a move into a blitz, or a move into a pass.

Don't roll a die without saying why you are rolling beforehand. Rolling a D6 and THEN saying "ok, my Ogre isn't boneheaded so he blitzes..."

Pause after rolling blocks to make sure the other guy sees the dice, avoid rolling them far away.

ROLL the dice, don't drop them or flip them or roll them one at a time and have them bump into each other. ( that's a stabbing )

This should be printed out and put on a plaque somewhere, it's perfect. 

• Like 2