OFCC Age of Sigmar Tournament We Need Your Help!

As many of you know we have only sold a handful of tickets (around 6 tickets in total out of 32) for the OFCC AoS Tournament happening this year. I am hopeful we can sell more, so please help by spreading the word around. It would be great to be able to do this event yearly, as of right now this is the only major AoS Tournament in the area. Lets try and make this event a success, I hope to see as many of you their as possible! Thanks everyone!!!

Tickets Available Here:
http://www.ordofanaticus.com/index.php?%2Fstore%2Fproduct%2F27-2017-ofcc-age-of-sigmar-event-sat-and-sun%2F

Official OFCC Website:
https://www.ofccgaming.com/

Full Event Details:
https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/488b9d_a4fda4ef4e5a447c8974503e309c0dc3.pdf

Best Coast Pairings Event Link:
https://www.bestcoastpairings.com/eventlanding/qp782dae

Facebook Event Link:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1878204559171744

Tournament Organizer:

http://www.ordofanaticus.com/index.php?/profile/2054-threejacks/

• Like 4

I haven't weighed because I'm not sure what is required for this event. I know it's $40, but I'm on the PS4, so I can't load PDFs (would be really nice if the full event details were posted somewhere, like in this thread :wink: ). I also lack a fully painted army, but depending on event requirements, might be able to get one fully painted by the deadline.  

The OFCC is also in a logistically unpleasent location, but I could probably make it work, if this was my only concern. 

10 hours ago, paxmiles said:

I haven't weighed because I'm not sure what is required for this event. I know it's $40, but I'm on the PS4, so I can't load PDFs (would be really nice if the full event details were posted somewhere, like in this thread :wink: ). I also lack a fully painted army, but depending on event requirements, might be able to get one fully painted by the deadline.  

The OFCC is also in a logistically unpleasent location, but I could probably make it work, if this was my only concern. 

The comp pack and details are in the post above yours,,,>>>https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/488b9d_a4fda4ef4e5a447c8974503e309c0dc3.pdf

For warscrolls if you dont have an online access,,the Grand Alliance Death book is 16.00 I think,it has all things Death in it.How do you post online here? if you dont have a computer or net phone/tablet?

Painting as per usual for OFCC is 3 color minimum and based so yeah,that depends on what level of detail you like on your models.I had to forgo the Friday 8th edition 40k event as im around half painted for my 40k armies.

3 hours ago, Threejacks said:

The comp pack and details are in the post above yours,,,>>>https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/488b9d_a4fda4ef4e5a447c8974503e309c0dc3.pdf

How do you post online here? if you dont have a computer or net phone/tablet?.

13 hours ago, paxmiles said:

I'm on the PS4, so I can't load PDFs 

The Ps4's internet works great, just no spell check, no PDFs, and no flash. I kinda like having to actually know the words I use, so the lack of the spell check is kinda nice. The PDF thing is annoying, but usually easy to work around, like by asking people to just post things. And, given that this thread is about "asking nicely" for other people to give you money, it seems more than reasonable to wait for someone else to post the text from the PDF. 

I do have a cell that can use the internet, but I got a Window's Phone, which really has trouble with PDFs. Worked great on windows 8 and 8.1, but the current phone is windows 10 and there are no apps worth beans for windows 10. It can be done and I'll probably try later, but the phone will freeze up during the viewing of a PDF.... Still, seems entirely reasonable to think that you'd have the details of the event posted in more than one format, even if the second format was only on request. 

I also have a dying laptop. Dying is the operative word here. It's not my newest computer, as my newer computer fried, which is why I have been so hesitant to replace my PC.

The main loss for use of the PS4 is that you can't attach a printer (as far as I know). So I have to go to the library or kinko's to print things.

Ahh,,shows how much I know about all these fancy consoles,lol.Its been many many years since I used a console for any gaming,,im Im talking early 1980 something.I didnt know you could post on the web with those things even though my kids have like 3 or 4 of the latest machines laying around,heh.

Yeah,in your situation the best thing to do would be to get the GA Death book ,then..it has the few formations that Death has available in it too,,well all except those in the Flesh Eaters Court tome.

12 minutes ago, Threejacks said:

Ahh,,shows how much I know about all these fancy consoles,lol.Its been many many years since I used a console for any gaming,,im Im talking early 1980 something.I didnt know you could post on the web with those things even though my kids have like 3 or 4 of the latest machines laying around,heh.

Yeah,in your situation the best thing to do would be to get the GA Death book ,then..it has the few formations that Death has available in it too,,well all except those in the Flesh Eaters Court tome.

like pulling teeth...Any chance you can copy and paste the event rules onto this thread? Or otherwise link a non-PDF version of the event rules? Event rules are in a PDF, which I can't view via this medium. 

For the record, I do have GA: Death in print. 

Ok,,here goes---

"Army point limits will be 2000 points with an optional 500 point sideboard.

All armies must be fully painted to a three-color minimum (not counting primer),

and based.

Players are encouraged to bring one piece of Age of Sigmar terrain to use in each

of their battles. The terrain piece can be any that currently has a warscoll listed for use in

AoS. Summoned terrain that has a point cost is not included as the "one allowed" terrain

piece. Armies who come standard with a terrain piece, i.e Sylvanneth and Guardians of

the Realm Gate, count that piece as their “one allowed.”

In keeping with the spirit of OFCC and support of fan projects and scratchbuilt

models, non-GW models are allowed but shall be reasonably sized and based on an equal

size base as to their GW counterpart. This applies as well to the terrain piece players are

allowed to field. Custom “counts as” terrain pieces need to adhere closely to the

dimensions the GW piece in length, width and height, and have a fairly equal amount of

perching space on it.

All warscroll wargear options must be represented on their respective models and

documented on the army list.

Players shall choose their Command traits, Artifacts and Spells and document

them on the army list. The choices will not change throughout the event.

Warscroll command models will be limited to one each and identified as the

proper command model, this includes when a unit has been increased beyond its size

through purchasing multiple of a warscroll.

The chosen army General can be any model in the players army, however if it is a

particular model in a multi-model warscroll then it will needs to be easily identifiable

This event will be using the Best Coast Pairings system, as well as the Best Coast

Pairings player app. Players are strongly encouraged to use the player app, and upload

their army lists via that app. For those players without a smartphone (who are you??) you

must bring seven paper copies of your list..(Bronson did the final draft and added the phone comment,lol)

GAMEPLAY RULINGS

After players have rolled off for table halves but prior to army deployment,

players will place their terrain warscroll pieces on the table. This can be placed anywhere

except within 6" of an objective marker, with the player winning the table half roll off

placing theirs first.

Terrain warscrolls with the "Garrison" special rule are limited to one warscroll of

20 models and one Hero warscroll. No Behemoth or Warmachines are allowed in

Garrisons.

Persisting effects and spells with the same name do not stack. However, two

different abilities giving the same effect do stack.

If at the end of a player’s turn, the player has no models (not counting terrain) on

the table, then the game ends and all models not yet in play for whatever reason are

considered destroyed. Victory will be determined by scenario victory conditions if

possible, if not then model kill points.

Measuring will be done base to base. Vertical measuring will be between the

torso or "bulk" of models not including any weapon or arm/appendage protrusions.

Models that CANNOT be attacked or targeted by spells, ranged weapons or melee

weapons, do not count toward capture, contest or control of objective points. Thus, a

Wizard on a Balewind Vortex is an example of a model that doesn’t count for objective

control.

Expect each table to have at least one preset piece of GW warscroll terrain. Rules

will be placed on each table.

AWARDS

Like all OFCC events, prize support will be considerable.

We will be using the Best Coast pairings system and players will earn points to

their ITC rank with the performance in this event.

Event winners will be determined by a combination of their W/D/L record along

with using a soft score of how many victory points they gained in each game they played

to determine tie breakers.

Awards will be given for:

Best Overall (combined scores of tournament placing, sportsmanship, and

painting) (requires one favorite opponent pin)

Best in Faction,(death.order ect..)

Best Sports

Best Painting categories for:

o Best single model

o Best Terrain piece

That should be everything:)

Sorry,,I overlooked the "cant view pdfs" part of your ealier post.

• Like 1

Awesome. Thank you so much. 

One question I don't see, any cap on reinforcement points? Or rather, Can I bring a 1k army that plans to summon 1k of replacement units (models taken from the deceased).

13 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Awesome. Thank you so much. 

One question I don't see, any cap on reinforcement points? Or rather, Can I bring a 1k army that plans to summon 1k of replacement units (models taken from the deceased).

Yes,,you can start with the bare minimums on the field,,in this case 3 Battleline and a hero and summon the remainder of your forces up to the 2000 pt level.In this example your army list would just show a Wizard and the Three Battleline units with the rest of the points "in reserve" with no need at all to show what you might summon:)

Oh,,and be sure to choose a terrain warscroll that has a +1 to casting attempts and use that as your terrain piece.

• Like 1

Awesome. I think I can realistically have a fully painted army for the OFCC.

One more, what time of day do these games start? Wondering if it would be possible to avoid hotel costs, and just commute to and from. I'd be on public transit, likely.

On July 1, 2017 at 10:23 PM, Threejacks said:

Dice start rolling at 10:00(or so) each Morning:)

Hmm...okay, looked up the logistic based on the linked address above and the times. Looks like I can actually get there on public transit. Takes a few hours, but doable. 

What time does this thing get out at the end of each day? A guess is fine. 

If wondering, it's MAX to Delta Part/Vanport MAX station. Then C-tran 60 to Broadway & 7th st. Then a 4min walk to the hotel. Both max and C-tran line run on both Saturday and Sunday.

7 hours ago, paxmiles said:

Hmm...okay, looked up the logistic based on the linked address above and the times. Looks like I can actually get there on public transit. Takes a few hours, but doable. 

What time does this thing get out at the end of each day? A guess is fine. 

Saturday should be around 7:00 wrap up..possibly earlier though depends on how much of a break  players want to do for lunch or dinner.

Sundays im hoping to be wrapped up by no later than 5:00,,though I believe there is a ceremony afterwards,,not sure on that though.

On June 30, 2017 at 9:41 PM, Threejacks said:

Oh,,and be sure to choose a terrain warscroll that has a +1 to casting attempts and use that as your terrain piece.

Not sure if it can be painted in time, but are Dreadhold Scenery Battalions legal? 

2 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Not sure if it can be painted in time, but are Dreadhold Scenery Battalions legal? 

No Battalions,,just a Single terrain piece that has a warscroll for it.

We had to keep it manageble for everyone.Bring the Bastion though!,,mines not built yet but I will bring the Skull Keep that will be on one table to use:)

15 minutes ago, Threejacks said:

No Battalions,,just a Single terrain piece that has a warscroll for it.

We had to keep it manageble for everyone.Bring the Bastion though!,,mines not built yet but I will bring the Skull Keep that will be on one table to use:)

Nah, that's for the better. I need to keep my painting managable, and I'd be very tempted to field an entire helfort, if given the option. 

I am thinking I'll be running the Maleific Gate for my Terrain Piece. It's just really cool. I should be able to get that one finished in time. 

• 2 weeks later...

No refunds, right? I'm reaching the deadline and I'm kinda overwhelmed here. The whole army needs to be 100% painted and based, right? 2000pts + a giant terrain piece in under 30 days was a mistake in hindsight. I might still make it, but I have to ask, is there a refund option? Would be a huge relief....I sure don't handle stress very well. 

20 hours ago, paxmiles said:

No refunds, right? I'm reaching the deadline and I'm kinda overwhelmed here. The whole army needs to be 100% painted and based, right? 2000pts + a giant terrain piece in under 30 days was a mistake in hindsight. I might still make it, but I have to ask, is there a refund option? Would be a huge relief....I sure don't handle stress very well. 

They cut off for refunds has already passed. Can you skip the terrain and focus on your main army. I still have to finish my last unit, but I think I can pull it off by Saturday, made a ton of progress this last weekend.

If it was just one unit, I'd be okay too. I'm overwhelmed. Not going to happen. Thanks to those that tried to help me get there. 

Yeah I'm officially pulling out at this point. Since the refund is impossible, then does anyone want to go on my ticket? I don't mind if you can find an extra player with an army to fill my spot.

Free ticket. No strings. Though pictures would be nice...

38 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

If it was just one unit, I'd be okay too. I'm overwhelmed. Not going to happen. Thanks to those that tried to help me get there. 

Yeah I'm officially pulling out at this point. Since the refund is impossible, then does anyone want to go on my ticket? I don't mind if you can find an extra player with an army to fill my spot.

Oh man that sucks, do you mind if I post in our local FB group about the free ticket to see if I can get any takers?

20 hours ago, paxmiles said:

Dont shelve the game though,,we have a next handbook coming in August along with the new Path to Glory book,,which im really interested in trying to get a monthly league going based around it:)