Who is planning on playing 8th?

I'm interested as well but limited time leading up is giving me a hard time being double version ready... committed to sisters for the 7th ed team event... love that my pirate orks are viable in 8th so haven't really converted the sisters over... transports are more expensive so it prolly is drop stuff... I'll play 8th and fix the list on the fly... power level perhaps?

• Like 1

I have to stick with 7th due to time constraints on getting the last of the tanks in my list painted.  My list has to change rather dramatically as I lose out on a command squad and would need to actually replace it with something else.  I will have a 7th Sister of Battle list.  

On 6/30/2017 at 11:50 AM, WestRider said:

I wish I could, because I like 8th much better, but my Army just changed too much. I'd have to increase what I'm bringing for it by at least 50% to make it viable in 8th.

The more I think about it, the more I feel like  I'd rather play 8th over 7th any chance I can get. I've made arrangements to borrow the extra Models that I don't have already :D

1 hour ago, PumpkinHead said:

7th Ed kill team

8th Ed Friday Nids

7th and 8th ready for the 40k event. I only have to add a small amount toaster the lists.

What does a toaster have to do with it? ;)

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Kolby Hopkins said:

I'll be packing for both with my sisters of battle but I'm really hoping that people will be most prepared for 8th as I've been having a lot more fun with that ruleset. 

This is pretty much my hope and why I started this thread, I know some people will pretty much have to stick with 7th but I was curious if 80% of the games will be in 8th and I can reliably stop trying to preserve the portions of my brain that remember 7e rules.

• Like 3

I have not had a chance to read the 8th ed rules because I am a first timer at ofcc and have only been playing 40k for just over 2 years. This means I have a lot of work to get my list painted in time for ofcc. 

I hope everyone understands if I am not able to use 8th ed rules.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Craeat said:

I have not had a chance to read the 8th ed rules because I am a first timer at ofcc and have only been playing 40k for just over 2 years. This means I have a lot of work to get my list painted in time for ofcc. 

I hope everyone understands if I am not able to use 8th ed rules.

This is one of the reasons why everyone wasn't forced to switch. No one should give you any problems and if they do, let me know and I'll drunkenly berate them for you.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

I will bring an 8th edition list, however I do not have the time to get it fully painted and might possibly have to proxy a little for any opponent who would rather play 8th (which I am more than happy to do).  There are actually no overlap in models between my 7th and 8th edition lists so I may have to make some sacrifies in the latter just getting models from OH over there to play.  Wish me luck! LOL.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kaoshin said:

I will bring an 8th edition list, however I do not have the time to get it fully painted and might possibly have to proxy a little for any opponent who would rather play 8th (which I am more than happy to do).  There are actually no overlap in models between my 7th and 8th edition lists so I may have to make some sacrifies in the latter just getting models from OH over there to play.  Wish me luck! LOL.

You may want to save the sacrifices, I don't think you could use the non-painted models.

4 minutes ago, pretre said:

As far as I know, OFCC is always painted only.

Indeed it is. 7th edition one will be fully painted as the official one for the event. Just don't have the time to paint an 8th edition list too. Worst comes to worst I'll cobble something together from painted models. The effectiveness will just take a nasty hit. Sad face! I'll ask the HOG though.

Just now, Kaoshin said:

Indeed it is. 7th edition one will be fully painted as the official one for the event. Just don't have the time to paint an 8th edition list too. Worst comes to worst I'll cobble something together from painted models. The effectiveness will just take a nasty hit. Sad face! I'll ask the HOG though.

Well, the good part is not having to worry about effectiveness since it is the team event! :) 

I just converted my 7th list to 8th and it's probably a lot less effective (which was already a low bar).

Just now, pretre said:

Well, the good part is not having to worry about effectiveness since it is the team event! :) 

I just converted my 7th list to 8th and it's probably a lot less effective (which was already a low bar).

Fair heheh. Just wanna make sure I give good games :) and yeah I hear ya on the comversion issue. points and usefulness for Tau units got changed about pretty dramatically.