Wyvern with Heavy Flamer     99
Wyvern with Heavy Flamer     99
Basilisk with Heavy Flamer     117
Basilisk with Heavy Flamer     117
Vulture with twin punisher gatling and heavy bolter     160

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor: Needle Pistol, Force Axe     73
Calllidus Assassin     80

1997 pts

Its kinda of a themed list based on my own fluff of my army (its a PDF of a forgeworld that is under invasion from a Waagh (which happens to be my Ork army, natch)) so a few things are not ideal I think but it has enough teeth against both infantry and hard targets that it should do well.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dusldorf said:

They're insane but ok

I guess.  The basilisk has better ap and the only common T value that s10 matters is t5.  The 2d6 vs 2d6 discard the lowest is significant  (about 1.5 hits), but the basilisk is cheaper and can fire every round.  Getting 6 extra hits that are slightly worse against most targets in the for the first 4 rounds might be worth the 35 pts, but if it survives to round 5 or 6 or even 7 the basilisk will get more shots.

To me it's a question of banking on alpha strike or longjevity.

35 minutes ago, fluger said:

Huh?

He's referring to the new FAQ that says you can take understrength units. Basically people are gonna have lots of brigade detachments with no downsides if they're playing with an itc style kill point mission. 

Re: the basilisk/manticore youre right that it comes down to longevity in most cases but I think the manticore also shines against a lot of otherwise hard-to-kill targets like terminators, thunder wolves, ogryns..just multi-wound low toughness stuff in general. It'll take you two or three turns to delete one of those with your basilisk where the manticore can do it in one. Same against targets with very high wounds like knights or other super heavies.

• Like 2

Yes, it was a joke about the new FAQ. 

How are you liking the infantry squads? I'm finding that they lack flash, but are still surprisingly solid given the threats otherwise in the list. I'm curious about how the Chimera-chassis tanks' performanc (gave them away years ago), but I'll have to deal with Russes for days and days....