GW does it again.. broken datasheets

Xavier319

So, I picked up the Xenos 2 FW book, and I must say I'm disappointed. They reduced the number of units by a lot, and some of them don't make any sense. I wont go into stats of weapons and units, as that wont matter (like how they turned a D str weapon into a gun that has a damage value of 2). What I'm really disappointed in is the sloppy copy-editing and the broken sheets. Take Buzzgob for example. He has a KFF's game text in his abilities box, but the KFF is not listed in his equipment. So as far as I can tell, RAW, he has a free KFF that is just an innate ability. Not only that, but the KFF isnt even listed in the points cost for ork wargear in the points section. Then we get to the Meka Dread. It lists the stats for the rokkit bomb rack, but doesnt say you can take one as an upgrade, AND it's not listed in the list for how many points it costs. And since the KFF isnt listed, the Mega charger upgrade isnt listed, there's massive ambiguity if either of the upgrades cost any points. It's just a hot mess that leaves a LOT of loopholes and questions that dont have RAW answers. Irritating as hell. Thanks for humoring my venting, I was just really excited about this release.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, VonVilkee said:

both of the missing points above are in the GW book so maybe you use the same points? Still ambiguous but at least they exist on a points list 

I dont  think the Mega boosta or the Rokkit-Bombs are in the core index. The KFF is, so there's at least an argument for that. But what happens when a model has a special rule that SAYS the same thing as a piece of wargear ,but that piece of wargear is not listed IN the units wargear list. RAW Buzzgob gets the effect of a KFF without having to pay for it. Which makes no sense.

• Like 1

I know that I might sound like a commie on independence day and all, but if they are just gonna shlock this crap out as a stop gap why not just make them free pdfs and then we would have less reason to bitch about the [big bad swear word]e copy editing and whatnot since they were free. I would be pissed if I spent the $ on their crap and then it is just going to be supplanted by the shiny new official codex release in a couple of quarters. It has always annoyed me how GeeDub seems to rush things out without fully testing or proofing them...

• Like 7

9 hours ago, KIRBY said:

I know that I might sound like a commie on independence day and all, but if they are just gonna shlock this crap out as a stop gap why not just make them free pdfs and then we would have less reason to bitch about the [big bad swear word]e copy editing and whatnot since they were free. I would be pissed if I spent the $ on their crap and then it is just going to be supplanted by the shiny new official codex release in a couple of quarters. It has always annoyed me how GeeDub seems to rush things out without fully testing or proofing them...

I paid for it... all of it. I am, in fact, disappointed. I just finished my comprehensive exams for my PhD. I'm not all but diss, and these books were my reward to myself for a year of grueling work. Yeah, some reward.

15 hours ago, KIRBY said:

I would be pissed if I spent the $ on their crap and then it is just going to be supplanted by the shiny new official codex release in a couple of quarters. It has always annoyed me how GeeDub seems to rush things out without fully testing or proofing them...

These are clearly a stop gap not meant to hold everyone out until the codexes are released. I think they have been perfectly clear about that and the prices reflect it.

For example, the 5 main indexes cost what... $125 and they replace something like $1000 worth of codexes.

2 hours ago, pretre said:

That being said, the FW ones are, and really always have been, a lot worse on the editing and even FAQ'ing front than GW.

Which is no small feat. GW has always prided themselves on being the worst in the business when it comes to editing their books. 

• Like 1