What has been your go-to unit in 8th Edition?

Hey al!

With the new edition out and about, I was wondering what has been the units that you have found putting in every battle because of how awesome they are now?

For me, it is the Centurion Devastators, followed closely by the Stormtalon Gunship.

With the new splitfire rules, the ability to move without taking the penalty to shooting, and the awesomeness of the omniscope now ignoring the effects of cover, I have been loving my mobile trio of shooty death.

As for the Stormtalon, now it just feels like a gunship; like something a Space Marine would call in for Close Air Support.

• Like 1

Flash gitz with Badrukk. The fire they can put out is just great coupled with rerolls and cost. 

The gitz at str 5 bs 4+ AP -2 and 3 shots is just crazy. 5 of them with 5 reroll runts is like 155 pts... so good. 

Badrukk has 3 rerolls and a 3 shot plasma type weapon (fixed 2 damage on safe fixed 3 damage on dangerous mode)! The overheat does d3 mortals instead of slaying him outright. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, VonVilkee said:

Flash gitz with Badrukk. The fire they can put out is just great coupled with rerolls and cost. 

The gitz at str 5 bs 4+ AP -2 and 3 shots is just crazy. 5 of them with 5 reroll runts is like 155 pts... so good. 

Badrukk has 3 rerolls and a 3 shot plasma type weapon (fixed 2 damage on safe fixed 3 damage on dangerous mode)! The overheat does d3 mortals instead of slaying him outright. 

Yeah, it really seems like Orks got a boost in the new edition. There is a new ork player at RC and it has been rough fighting against 90 boyz at a time.

• Like 2

I've been impressed with DE vehicles in general. Venoms are less good on offense, but everything got better, and they can actually survive a stiff breeze now which is super exciting. 

The flyers (either flavor) are probably the best vehicles now but also don't make me feel guilty for taking them. 

• Like 3

I've had great success with mutiple units;

Storm Raven with it's ridiculously high amount of dakka...

Porphyion Knight and it's ability to kill a regular knight a turn...

30 man units of Plaguebearers just chilling on an objective refusing to die...

Multiple demon princes blender-ing troops.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dark Trainer said:

I'm trying to figure out what my Necron facemelters are...one hasn't appeared yet.

It depends on what you are fighting. I just got done playing Necrons and I didn't like it very much. Regenerating units, Shields that deny damage, and getting up the entire game with full wounds. I feel that the army doesn't have a face melter per say but on the other hand the overall rules for them are just BS at times. When Necrons can hit in CC on a 3+ that right there is lies. Someone decided Windows 95 robots needed to lose all their weaknesses this edition. I know they don't have psykers but at this point that is literally the only weakness.

Have you been playing Crazy man the Infinite? His super saiyan mode is just bananas. I would take him every game.

But to answer the topic question, Yarrick with 50 conscripts. SO MANY SHOTS with the re-rolls as well. Even when they die I feel like I got my points worth.

• Like 1