Hey, Joe here, Im the head AOS TO for the Renegade Open,

I'm new here and have been trying to find out more about the age of sigmar GT.

I have bought my plane tickets from minnesota to Vancouver WA and is wondering what will happen if there are only the 4 of us signed up?

Is the crowd supposed to be bigger? 

Please let me know what the plans are! I also have some questions on how the terrain piece interacts with deployment!

46 minutes ago, sotzeentchy said:

Hey, Joe here, Im the head AOS TO for the Renegade Open,

I'm new here and have been trying to find out more about the age of sigmar GT.

I have bought my plane tickets from minnesota to Vancouver WA and is wondering what will happen if there are only the 4 of us signed up?

Is the crowd supposed to be bigger? 

Please let me know what the plans are! I also have some questions on how the terrain piece interacts with deployment!

Welcome aboard Joe!

As it stands now we have 9 purchased tickets for the event.It is possible that a few more may be sold still..you of course would make it 10 players:).If we have an odd number of players I will be pulling myself out off the roster as needed.I believe we have one entrant that can only make the 3 rounds on Saturday.Even with the lower numbers we will still be doing the 5 rounds Best Coast pairings system through ITC so everyone will still be getting ranking points.On Sunday if it appears that players are being matched up against each other for a 2nd or even 3rd time I can adjust pairings as needed to keep it interesting,,im not really anticipating too many problems.

As for the terrain piece allowed with each army,,you will place if as your first drop when its your turn to begin deployement with a restriction of not being able to place it within 6" of an objective.beyond that any terrain piece that has a published a current warscroll for it is allowed,,though we are not allowing terrain warscroll battalions of course(takes up way to much space,heh)

For ticket purchase head over here(if you havent already)

36 minutes ago, sotzeentchy said:

( for the terrain piece) and placed in deployment zone or on table half? 

Hopefully we can hit the 30 mark!

You can place it anywhere...just not within 6" of an objective.

And I was not totally correct above as to when it is place as I havent checked the comp we assembled months ago recently.

The terrain pieces will be placed before deployment so,if players would like to they can roll off for who places their terrain piece first then roll off for actual deployment of their armies.A little bit of difference there.

13 hours ago, Threejacks said:

The terrain pieces will be placed before deployment so,if players would like to they can roll off for who places their terrain piece first then roll off for actual deployment of their armies.A little bit of difference there.

So my opponent could deploy their army at my terrain piece, thus preventing my deployment at my own terrain piece?

1 hour ago, paxmiles said:

So my opponent could deploy their army at my terrain piece, thus preventing my deployment at my own terrain piece?

Sounds about right, you gotta be tactical with it. Welcome to fighting like the sylvaneth. 

Plus it's free so it's not a huge loss, but it does make you think what terrain you want to bring. 

6 hours ago, Pyre Warden said:

Plus it's free so it's not a huge loss, but it does make you think what terrain you want to bring. 

Just annoying, since I'm bringing a Malefic Gate and I was kinda planning to have it in my deployment zone. As for "Free" that's only in points - I'm spending quite a bit of time painting something that the opponent could get to start with...In hindsight, I don't think I would bring this terrain piece if I had known that it wouldn't be part of my army. Kinda too late to redesign the army, but this ruling is very much an unpleasent surprise. From the rules, I was under the impression that the "free" terrain was part of the army and would be deployed with it.

6 hours ago, sotzeentchy said:

You can deploy your terrain anywhere on the table (from what has been said) as long as it's not within 6" of an objective.

so their deployment of terrain does not affect yours.

You still can't put the terrain on top of other terrain. Especially if the placement would look silly (like putting the sylvaneth forest on top of a tower...).