Just bought my very first ofcc event ticket

derek

So just bought it and it'll be the first time I get to play 40k or any event for that matter in the ofcc I've always seen people say it's a friendly event so don't bring the dick smash list just bring something fun.   But this event is an itc event so are we going competitive or is it more air on the side of caution and don't be a jerk with only bringing 12 units and dropping all of them in 3 drops?  

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, derek said:

So just bought it and it'll be the first time I get to play 40k or any event for that matter in the ofcc I've always seen people say it's a friendly event so don't bring the dick smash list just bring something fun.   But this event is an itc event so are we going competitive or is it more air on the side of caution and don't be a jerk with only bringing 12 units and dropping all of them in 3 drops?  

Well, it depends on what you are talking about. If you're talking about the Friday 1500 8th edition, hard is fine. If you're talking about the team event, you should have a soft list.

• Like 1

Sat/Sun OFCC is about sportsmanship and fun. There are no prizes for winners, best painted, etc. Just a silly medal. However, getting favorite opponent pins earns you additional tickets for the prize raffle which is done. 

As to hard or soft, it's really about don't be a dick and facemelt someone while rubbing it in their face (no one likes that). It's in your opponents hands to judge you, thus this is what OFCC is about. Previously being a team event allowed captains to create better list matchups, but that's part of the design too. Every player is different, some are hardcore win at all cost folks. Others are painters and field what 'looks' cool. 

The final answer is, have fun (both you and your opponents).

(Oh and edit to address above points, Friday's event I'm less familiar if it's focusing on competitive. However, the weekend event is not about soul crushing).

• Like 2

My 1500 point list is kinda good, kinda not. 

I began painting my court of the Archon when I was planning on playing in the 7th Ed. tournament. Since I dumped so much time into painting them, I'm determined to bring them no matter what. Except you really should have an archon with them too. Archons are trash and courts are way too expensive, but oh well.

The rest of it is good but not optimal since I'm trying to stick to a battalion and DE troops aren't amazing. 

But dark lances [big bad swear word] [big bad swear word] up, so that's good. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skkipper said:

pretty much since I have no team and they have gone pussy on list rating, I am not going to OFCC this year. The team part was great, the rest was subpar like most of ordo.

#flounce

I am guessing next year is going to be even weirder since 8th made it really strange for list building.

16 hours ago, Skkipper said:

pretty much since I have no team and they have gone weak on list rating, I am not going to OFCC this year. The team part was great, the rest was subpar like most of ordo.

Also, I like Team Sasquatch. I believe in the ability to have a team of Super Heavies only, and have 5 great games on both sides of the table. 8th is gonna be great. We're gonna tear down the wall around your hearts.

You know, next year.