Gauging Interest in an AoS Army Grow league

Looking for interested players for starting a Shadespire Skirmish Campaign in AoS.

This would lead up to a Path to Glory campaign.This of course will leave players with a fairly good start on a 2k list for regular play.
 Then we could possibly do a few escallation sessions to round out for the 2k points.

The final event would be a 3 round tournament:)

I will be modifying the summoning rules in the PTG system so that players
 will need to be holding back follower slots for summoning,,or something along those lines if they wish to summon units.

This would be a series of games over several months setting a target of perhaps 2 skirmish games
per session and perhaps 2 PTG games per session per month as we ramp up to larger size armies.

Rather than try to set this to be a weekly thing(which would be hard for me to do)I would prefer to have a set night
 once per month,,though im open to twice a month.For location Guardian is usually a good choice for all but we do have 
 other shops in the area that are more than happy to have some AoS going on.Im even up to "shop hopping" this around
 if thats what players would like to see,,I know that can be hard for some though.

The way I would run this is I would have a set time and location for event start,a 15 min time limit on late comer
(unless im notified they are running late of course).Then I will pair people up.I will not be playing in these sessions
unless an odd number of players show up and someone needs a game,though I will keep a force going session to session
using the "draw" result for point choices and unit gains.This can also work for those that cant make a session or two,,I can guide
them on what to use for points and ability gains so they stay on par with the group:).

This is a great way to start an army from scratch,build and paint the models as you grow(though no painting requirements to play of course,heh)

Lets get some thoughts on this:)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deadwing34 said:

I would be into this too, but I would most likely use my already built and painted Chaos force.

That would be totally fine:)

I just mention the new army thing as it would start out with just a few models and end up with a full 2k army(or more).Though its fine if players want to switch armies for PTG or even the final escallation or even the finale Tournament.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paxmiles said:

Sounds a bit too competitive for me, but I like the idea of growing the hobby.

Not competative at all really,,just a way to play the game from the smallest scaling to the "most standard" sized games.I would even like to throw in a few multiplayer sessions using the new Triumph and Treachery rules in the GH2.

I like to play the "whole game" that is narrative,multiplayer,skirmish,PTG and even competative matched stuff.Not just the same 6 matched play scenarios over and over until we have figured out the top 10 or so  builds and everyone is running those only...that,to me is just boring.

15 hours ago, Threejacks said:

Not competative at all really,,just a way to play the game from the smallest scaling to the "most standard" sized games.I would even like to throw in a few multiplayer sessions using the new Triumph and Treachery rules in the GH2.

I like to play the "whole game" that is narrative,multiplayer,skirmish,PTG and even competative matched stuff.Not just the same 6 matched play scenarios over and over until we have figured out the top 10 or so  builds and everyone is running those only...that,to me is just boring.

Personally, I have always been a narrative base player when it comes to GW games. In fact I have not played a tournament since I stopped playing Warmachine at the end of MK 2. So I am really looking forward to the Path to Glory portion of this league, and less interested in the 3 round tournament. Heck the T&T game sounds like fun as well. :D

• Thanks 1

On August 7, 2017 at 5:38 PM, Threejacks said:

On July 31, 2017 at 2:15 PM, Threejacks said:

The final event would be a 3 round tournament:) 

Sounds compeditive. 

Update on this:)

Geeks and Games in Oregon City will be starting an escallation league in Sept starting at 500 points and working up to 2k.This will be running on their Friday evening game sessions.Ive decided to join in on this as they have a rather active and casual group playing at their sessions.The group there is very new player oriented as well so this would be a good fit for those of us looking to start new armies,or just play and hone skills with an existing one in a more layed back setting.

Those interested can join the fb group -OC Geeks and Gamers,,more info will be posted about this in the coming weeks:)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jeff Cope said:

Oompf. That's fair haul from Gresham. But, I joined the FB group just in case. At least I could get Chick-fil-A on the way ;-)

Was just up there last night,,had a great game with Kyle and there was another table with 4 youths playing a team game Order vs Chaos,,great group!

Its in that mall near the corner of Mollala ave and Beavercreek rd:)