40k 8th Edition Escalation League @ W.O.W. 8/8 thru 9/26

What: Ordo Fanaticus 40k 8th Edition Escalation League brought to you by me, DisruptiveConduct and hosted by Ordo Fanaticus.
Who: All of you people who want to play 8th
Where: W.O.W. 717 SE Main St, Portland, OR 97214
When: every Tuesday starting Tuesday, August 8 thru Tuesday Sept 26.
Why: Because in the future, there is only war.
Cost: Standard Game Night dues - $2 champions/$5 for members (If you are interested in becoming a champion, read about it here and then visit our store to purchase.)

I know many of you are excited to get playing so here is the main rundown of the league.

Armies: To do something a little bit different for this new age of wargaming, I will let you choose what you want to bring:

Points or Power Level. You can play against any one who wants to play against you: Points or Power Level.

All missions will require your army to be Battle Forged so that puts some restrictions on what you can bring.

On August 8, we will start at 500 points or 25 power level and then proceed to the schedule below.

Week    Points    Power Level
1    	500        	25
2    	750        	38
3    	750        	38
4    	1000		50
5    	1000		50
6    	1250		63
7    	1250		63
8    	1500		75

Rules: This will be using the Advanced Rules from the Big Book so if you need help let me know.

-Basic Rules:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Battle-Primer-2017-ENG

-FAQs:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata?_requestid=14512171#40k-errata

Missions: I will be posting these each week in a separate thread. So stay tuned.

League Points: I'm going to keep it very easy and basic for this league. I want there to be fun gaming and less hassle.

• Recruit a new player: 10 points – We love fresh meat! If you know someone who is interested in 8th edition and has not been to the club for their first free game night, bring them down and show them the club.
  • New Recruits will get their first game night free if they play and score 10 points of their own for coming by.
  • Playing a game: 2 points – Game as much as you want on game night. If you do not end up playing, but maybe help out another game or coach someone through a game, points for you too!
  • Winning a game: 1 point per week – You only get this once per week.
  • Bring snacks or drinks to the club to share: 2 points each week – Chips and water/soda are always welcome and put to good use!
  • Build a model or unit: 2 points per week for a model / 5 points per week for a unit (a single vehicle doesnt qualify as a unit for this) - I know you have models somewhere that you have yet to put together. Get those snips and glue out and get to work on adding those new forces to your army. Post a picture on the forums or show me this newly assembled model/unit in person.
  • Paint a model or unit: 5 points per week for a model / 10 points per week per for a unit – More units are great and paint makes the table look alive. Get that newly assembled model painted up to the three color standard plus basing to earn these points. Post a picture on the forums or show me this newly painted model/unit in person.
  • Post on the forums: 1 point per week – Make a thread in the 40k section of the forums. Any new updates to your army like pictures, battle reports, or commentary will earn these points.

Rankings: Here

League Prizes: Prizes will include a free game night session with 10 of your best friends for a special Ordo After Dark gaming event! Plus some other things I am working on. =)

I will use this thread to solicit sign ups. Please post below if you will be playing in the league. I'll add everyone to a list here. We have plenty of tables and terrain so lets fill this place up!

40k 8th Edition League Opponents
--------------------------------
1. DisruptiveConduct
2. @Rhuntar
3. @ROGRE
4. @evil_bryan
5. @Atomic
6. @deadwing34

7. @Sugarlessllama

8. @happycamper

9. @scotthartman

10. @savion47 (maybe)

11. @kb10r

12. @Nathanvoodoo you are playing dang it!

13. @zcaust83

14. @Chikin

15. @andozane

16. @Josiah

17. @stevensonmat2

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hmm.

I havent looked at a hard comparison between them.

I figured if you bring 25 PL and your opponent brings 500pts, you might be able to get in a decent game. This is all theory of course.

I want to give this a shot and get feedback from actual game play in the club.

So if your opponent is game, go for it! Maybe having the two lists would be helpful.

I say that you go over the list you want to play with your opponent and then decide if it is a good fit. Even if it is doubtful and the battle is consensual, then game! And then tell me how it went.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chikin said:

I'm going to try to make it.  I don't have my Elysian troops ready yet, so it will either be Nids or Space Marines until they finish mustering.

Awesome! I, for one, wouldnt mind having more xenos to eat some smurfs.

Please remember that the models that qualify for painting/building do not necessarily need to be in the army that your playing that night. Yes, the league is a perfect way to build up your forces (like these Elysians you talk about). That way you have fun playing as well as complete your army.

On 8/6/2017 at 0:07 PM, DisruptiveConduct said:

Hmm.

I havent looked at a hard comparison between them.

I figured if you bring 25 PL and your opponent brings 500pts, you might be able to get in a decent game. This is all theory of course.

I want to give this a shot and get feedback from actual game play in the club.

So if your opponent is game, go for it! Maybe having the two lists would be helpful.

I say that you go over the list you want to play with your opponent and then decide if it is a good fit. Even if it is doubtful and the battle is consensual, then game! And then tell me how it went.

i was wondering this also. I will bring 2 lists just in case then.

After building several 500 pt lists, they all come out to between 28-31 PL.

Which means I might need to adjust my chart a little bit. I guess there is not a direct equivalency that can be used for Pts:PL.

The best part about PL is adjusting your list to meet your opponent's. If I want to play one of my 500 pt lists, and my opponent only brought 25 PL, then it is super easy to cut a unit and bring my list down to 25PL and get to gaming. It provides great flexibility in that respect.

• Like 1