40k 8th Escalation League - Genestealer Cult Blog

Alright Alright Alright.

If you have not seen my army, it is a custom built Genestealer Cult army that I used during the end of 5th edition and 6th edition as a full counts as Tyranid's army using the Tyranid codex.

Now with my own actual codex and this edition change, I am looking to add the crazy good new models that GW put out.

To earn points in the league, I can assemble a model or a unit of models. I choose to begin my adventure with assembling one of these fantastic Goliath Rockgrinders!

I have ambitions to magnetize or make it modular to switch back and forth between a troop carrier (regular Goliath truck) and a kinda-orky Rockgrinder with an awesome dozerblade with drillheads on it! Many individuals tell me to assemble it how i want now and just buy more Goliaths if I want a different build. I guess i'll come to a decision here pretty soon because I was able to get some of the main body done while admin'ing the table at OFCC.

I'm already winning the league with 1 point for posting about my escalation army! I'll soon have another 2 points when assemble is complete.

Stay tuned for more!

IMG_20170801_202234.jpg

IMG_20170801_202257.jpg

• Like 5

Looking over how to outfit my rock grinder, I settled on the clearance incinerator. I'm a huge fan of the acid spray Tyrannofex from 6th so this looks like a good time. No 12 in flamer thrown but still cool.

For 136 points, I get 10 wounds, the drilldozer blade, a heavy stubber, the clearance incinerator AND blasting charges! Whoohooo. Maybe I will be buying more of these.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

so in an attempt to keep up with evil bryan's building spree, I decided to assemble my Acolyte Hybrids i've had in their box for months.

I really like these guys. They have several options and one of them is to exchange their autopistol for a hand flamer. I dont know about you, but I love d3 pistols that autohit even in close combat! =)

To start off, I assembled one of them with a heavy rock cutter and one of them with the one time use demolition charges. Next up is my Cult Icon bearer complete with tendril face and a hand flamer of his own! Last picture has the Acolyte Leader front and center with his bonesword, hand flamer, and blasting charges at the ready. The sprue included the imperial guard skull filled helmet. A very nice touch to add some additional decoration to your base.

Definitely some mold lines and other things to clean up before painting. Good enough for the unit assembled points! See you guys there.

IMG_20170814_222458.jpgIMG_20170814_222506.jpgIMG_20170814_222423.jpg

• Like 4

If you cannot already tell, I have a love for Genestealers. All Genestealers. Now there have been many sculpts and renditions that all had their own flare/style. Years ago, I was taken with the new models included in the re-release of Space Hulk. I have kept these in a box ever since then and now is the time to put them on the table.

Yes, they are snap together sculpts. So yes, they are quick and dirty to assemble, have more pronounced mold lines, and are mono-pose. I still get myself a Hamlet-stealer!

IMG_20170817_211933.jpg

Not to mention one exploding through a hull.

IMG_20170817_211938.jpg

There are some other not so great poses. To make up for it, there are all sorts of scenic bases in the form of scaffolding or ruins. All together and painted up they will be killer!

IMG_20170817_211923.jpg

• Like 7

Had an opportunity to fight against 8th edition Tyranids last night and it was well worth it!

I used my rockgrinder with demo charge to much better affect than against the primaris marines. Doing d3 damage totally grinded some warriors down into biomass. Speaking of warrriors, Deathspitters are awesome guns! Assault weapons plus a -1 AP gives them a big leg up over previous versions of them. Shrikes were also impressive. They still lack the ability to take a flying Warrior Prime with them. They are still fast as hell and were a huge boon in the Burn and Pillage scenario.

In typical genestealer fashion, my squad charged and killed his Tyranid Prime (hole in the middle of the blue stealers). His squad (black and oragne) then came and ate my squad. Good times!

IMG_20170820_184151.jpg

• Like 7