Nathanvoodoo's escalation league

Nathanvoodoo

Suppose I should mention that I've been playing my IG army in the league while the nid army is being hobby'd

Most of my lists have been basic troop gun lines with one or two pieces of artillery and a leman Russ.

Here are the notables...

Orders are fantastic. Just fantastic.

Don't spam artillery- it's wasted points. One manticore and one Russ will take out the big target well enough- but be a total waste on troops.

Thud guns are still excellent.

Conscripts are pretty much an auto include- that said they NEED orders and a commissar - but with those two things they are way better than regular rank infantry. 

Infantry are really only useful because they can set up a vox network- otherwise I'd run all conscripts. The extra weapons and ballistic skill doesn't make up for the fact that 10 grunts is half as good as 20.

Creed is pretty much an auto include now. For one more power lvl point you get much more than the company commander gives you- and you can bring Kell along if you can spare the points.

Yarick is still fun, but not an auto include. Not being able to issue orders anymore is a bummer and he's still just a 7 power level bad arse commissar. I bring him cause he's silly, and still good- but I don't think he's too amazing. In a more competitive game environment I'm not sure about him- he's situational.

Lastly, the bane wolf is much better than the hellhound. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Played two games with the nids since I've last updated. I'm still figuring things out with them.

I'm not truely sold on the Genestealers at this time. They undoubtedly can put out some hurt, but they die so so easily. They are assuredly difficult to play.

The tervigon, however, was outstanding in my game against Orcs and their hordes. I'm not sure how astounding she'd be against a more elite army, but she's my MVP so far.

That said, she needed some paint.

IMG_1121.JPG

IMG_1122.JPG

IMG_1123.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2