Shadespire in November

pretre

• 2 months later...

I have played 4 games so far and I am planning on picking up both expansions that are coming out this Saturday. I even got in one 3p game. The game plays very well at that player count too. I am really enjoying my time with the game. My son really loves playing as well and wants to paint up his own Undead Warband now.

• Like 2

I got to watch a "teaching" game of this.  I liked the aspects of a skirmish game, with a kind of deck building mechanic in play.

Seems surprisingly limited for a GW game to only have set miniatures...that sort of shocked me.

Looking forward to seeing the new warbands come out and how they play, and seeing some more reviews once all 8 planned warbands are out. 

3 hours ago, andozane said:

I got to watch a "teaching" game of this.  I liked the aspects of a skirmish game, with a kind of deck building mechanic in play.

Seems surprisingly limited for a GW game to only have set miniatures...that sort of shocked me.

Looking forward to seeing the new warbands come out and how they play, and seeing some more reviews once all 8 planned warbands are out. 

Yah a few people are waiting for the faction they are interested in to come out before they decide to jump in. I guess I am just too much of a GW fanboy they all look good to me so far haha! Currently all of the customization comes from deck building and not from being able to choose models for your warband. But there looks to be a lot of options for deck building with over 400 cards in the Shadespire setting.

22 hours ago, scotthartman said:

@Norrad, @deadwing34, @andozane, as well as anyone else who wants to. Would you guys like to organize a day to play this and have people try it? With several copies we should be able to accommodate a small group. Maybe later this week we could meet at WoW or at Guardian?

I might be able to to make one day this week work, Red Castle Games or Geeks and Games are usually better locations for me. I may be able to make wen, thursday or Sunday work. Long term I was thinking some tournaments for this could be a lot of fun.

Shadespire Sunday! Starting at noon this Sunday (11/12) at Geek & Games in OC we will be playing and teaching Shadespire for all of those interested. I personally have the core game and both expansions that I will be bringing. Feel free to come down if you already have a Warband or even if you have never played before. The game plays from 2 to 4 players. Hope to see you all there.

FYI: I am going to try and run this event once a month and may expand it into GW Skirmish Sunday once Necromunda comes out.

• Like 1

I work Sundays so I won't be able to attend those games... but I picked up the game today and managed to get some time in with it. We played quite a few games through before I think we actually figured out. Once we got the flow of the game figured out it seemed really quick and actually rather strategic. I'd like to get some more games in-

10 hours ago, Nathanvoodoo said:

I work Sundays so I won't be able to attend those games... but I picked up the game today and managed to get some time in with it. We played quite a few games through before I think we actually figured out. Once we got the flow of the game figured out it seemed really quick and actually rather strategic. I'd like to get some more games in-

That's too bad. There are some great quick rules explanation video on youtube as well. The game plays very different from other warhammer games for sure.

3 hours ago, The Stillness said:

Let us know when you do another shadespire Sunday. I'm definitely interested in giving the game a go.

Ok cool will do, I am planning on running these events once a month, at this point not sure on exact day yet. Most likely the 2nd or 9th of December, but not set in stone yet. Would love to have more people playing this awesome game. We had 4 people show up last time.

• Like 1

The next GW Skirmish Sunday will be on December 3rd starting at noon at Geeks and Games in OC. We will be playing Warhammer Underworlds Shadespire and potentially Necromunda Underhive as well (it depends if I can get it all put together in time). Once again anyone is welcome to join even if you have never played either game. Hope to see you all there.