DMB Brawl 2014 - August 2-3

alexcragg

First there was the Heldrake - and it was terrifying.  Sending Marines scuttling about and wondering when they would get Flakk Missiles.  It was quickly shot down by those darn fishy Tau and their plethora of strength 7 shots.  They were soon joined by the Eldar and their pimpmobile of hovering doom.  Khan attempted to ride to the rescue and it was looking good - then he got some Inquisitor friends - followed by an excess of digital documents and pamphlets.  Somewhere in there were were allowed to use Super Heavies with strength D weapons and bring entire trench works with AV 15 bunkers and their own strength D weapons to our 40k games.

And we were all left wondering what happened?

Knight Titans are a thing too, how about that!

Oh yeah, and Tyranids got a codex and it was reviled - until you got the add on that prevents you from contesting objectives held by Gargoyles.

Warhammer 40k we dub the Shenanigans.

Aside from a rambling, grammatical nightmare what is going on here?

Well…….

The DMB Brawl is on for it's third year!  Yeah thats right, we are going for the magic number three and we are getting crazy in this house.  First some major news.

DATE: August 2-3

caveat - we are in a NEW room!!!!!!!!

Thats right we are moving from the spacious gym to the upstairs view room, what does this mean for you?  Well slightly less space but mostly CARPETS AND AIR-CONDITIONING!  Rejoice ye nerds, rejoice!  So have some pics:

IMG_0332_394.JPG

IMG_0331_395.JPG

IMG_0333_393.JPG

See how sexy, yeah I know your feet are already feeling better.

Format: 1850 points - all supplements (Escalation, Stronghold Assault, Data Slates, and who knows what else they will release between now and then) - all codices (including Imperial Knights, DUH) - Forge World (anything 40k approved)

I know, crazy right?  well thats what we do best, let the cat out of the bag and see if anyone can catch it.

I don't want to play any of that crazy stuff? Why can't I just wipe out marine armies with TauDar….

This is a legitimate question and we want to make sure that everyone has great games and enjoys the event.  To that end we will be doing what we can to separate players based on their lists (probably by having a bracket system) to ensure that they play other lists of comparable game level.  We will not be banning units or instilling a comp system, but try to break players into groups that are on equal power levels.

The Brawl will also be taking a turn away from the standard Grand Tournament format and drive more towards an event, with more goals and objectives for players that exists outside the normal game format.  We want this to be a weekend of awesome.

Awesome games

Awesome armies

Awesome beer

Awesome friends

You get the idea.

Please feel free to share your ideas/thoughts/complaints.

Happy hunting,

Alexander

and some parting shots

This is Kharn and his Berzerkers

IMG_0312_396.JPG

This is Kharn after the White Scars fire

IMG_0313_397.JPG

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Info to come soon, tickets will go on sale via the blog:

www.dmbbrawl.com

Well Evan just bought a house with a back yard, it's not a stone throw from the game hall but one way or another there will be an epic after party (again).  Maybe the Brawl should be free and we can sell tickets to the after party.....

• Like 2

Info to come soon, tickets will go on sale via the blog:

www.dmbbrawl.com

Well Evan just bought a house with a back yard, it's not a stone throw from the game hall but one way or another there will be an epic after party (again).  Maybe the Brawl should be free and we can sell tickets to the after party.....

You'd make more! :P

• Like 2

Our plan is to separate the wacky stuff into a bracket of it's own, so the people who don't have titans and AV 15 vehicles can play in their sandbox and everyone can play in theirs.  Once the brackets have been played out I imagine the two sands will mix but that should be Day 2.

Another thing to consider is this pesky 7th edition rumor that just wont go away, what will that hold for the future?

• Like 2

I really wanna go to this kinda thing but the Stronghold and Escalation turn me off so badly.

I don't have D-Weapons.  I GAVE away my Shadowsword, which was the only super heavy I have ever owned.  My four apocalypse games didn't endear the "everything goes" format to me much either. 

I'm bummed.

Don't let that stop you my friend.  It's a great event, well ran and organized, by some great people that are building community.  This event has all the earmarks of greatness :) besides, I'll be bringing 2 car loads of warhamsters, that alone is a meta changer ;D.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...