Board games for 2

ROGRE

Pretty sure this has been floated out here before but are there any suggestions for a good game for me and the wife to play. Something not overly competitive and hopefully fun for two people. Is there such a thing as a cooperative board game? Also let me add to my wish list that it not be too complicated. Thanks for any suggestions.

There are piles of coop board games... now one that is not too complex and two player??? Hmmm...

Pandemic maybe, not sure how it plays with two though. Forbidden Island plays decently with 2 (and is easy) there is also Forbidden desert which appears to be along the same lines but I have not tried it yet.

Race for the galaxy is good at two players though it is not coop (but limited actions against the other players) and while the rules are pretty easy the card abilities make it pretty complex until you get used to them.

Agricola is pretty awesome. Again not coop, but limited head to head actions.

Probably tons more I cant think of right now.

• Like 1

It seems to me like ticket would lose a bit with two players... but maybe not. It is a great game no doubt about it.

Actually Smallworld would be good too. It is 2-5 players (6 with expansions) but there is a separate board for 2,3,4 and 5 players so it balances map-wise.

Arkham Horror plays best with less players (maybe even 2 playing two characters each) trying to play with 8 is ridiculous. Too much wait time between turns and if you've added board expansions it gets really messy quick.

I just tried Eldrich horror this weekend (with 6) It seems like a much simpler version of Arkham. We'll need to do another game or two as we were kinda rough with the rules but it seemed pretty good.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently picked up a great "board game" that is co-op:  Shadowrift  It is actually a co-op deckbuilding card game, similar to Dominion.  Only, it has a lot more theme and is co-op.

My wife and I have played it two player and is a lot of fun.  It *can* be difficult with only 2 players, though.  Some of the monster decks are pretty tough (it comes with 8 monster decks, I think, and we've played against 3 of them so far). We've been thinking of playing two hands each, but haven't tried that yet.

Pandemic is good with 2 players.  So is Eldritch Horror, and isn't quite as long as Arkham Horror (Arkham Horror is good 2-player as well)

Sentinels of the Multi-verse is good 2-player, but there is a minimum of 3 heroes, so either one or both of you will need to play a second hero.  My wife and I typically play 2 heroes each, alternating hero turns (mine, hers, mine, hers, for example), and it works just fine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...