Mordheim

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Does anyone have a list on which model kits that work best for Mordheim?  I've been looking into playing a skirmish level fantasy and/or historical based game, leaning more towards Mordheim or Saga. 

Also, it would be awesome to join a group, however, family life makes my schedule is unpredictable.  Is it easy to pick up a single Mordheim game once in a while?

Thanks!

Jim

Hi,

Does anyone have a list on which model kits that work best for Mordheim? I've been looking into playing a skirmish level fantasy and/or historical based game, leaning more towards Mordheim or Saga.

Also, it would be awesome to join a group, however, family life makes my schedule is unpredictable. Is it easy to pick up a single Mordheim game once in a while?

Thanks!

Jim

Mercs: any gw human boxes work passably. I'm a huge fan of kit bashing, so the more kits the better, IMHO. The free company is literally what came in the original box, minus a couple misc sprues. Empire foot troops of any sort mesh in well for variety. Great swords, archers, hand gunners. Especially if you want the big flowery hats. I also like the Bretonian archers and men at arms, although the variety of equipment isn't as great.

Scavenging a few of each, or buying single models through eBay bit sellers can work if you know what you want.

The reaper bones line has a huge variety if you want more specific looking models. Not sure how the prices are, as mine came through the big helluva desk kickstarter. Worth looking at though.

Skaven: the gutter runners box originally came with the box set. I picked up the slacken pack master kit to get giant rats and a couple rat ogres.

Witch hunters are going to need you to get kit bashing or creative. Low model count and just humans and dogs though.

Possessed will need to be conversion heavy as well, my plans have included a spawn kit for 2 possessed and extra mutations, half of the flaggellant kit for robey bodies and the amethyst wizard from the battle wizard box.

Undead need 1 vampire, 1 necromancer and 3 humans, all could be kit bashed And painted undeady. A zombie box, half a box of ghouls and half a box of dire wolves gets you all the rest of the options. Single models from bit sellers or a buddy might be the best way to go. I've heard good things about mantics undead but haven't seen them myself.

Dwarves: gws troop boxes are really static, but the old starter box gets you close or some warriors and ranger/thunderers. I didn't follow the new release so I'm probably out of date...

Orcs and goblins, Orc boys will get you there, but you might need to add a box of goblins a few squids and a single troll.

Beastmen, the box that used to come with gors and ungors plus some chaos hounds, and a single centigor and Minotaur are all of the options, although you may not need a Minotaur to start. My centigor was a hacked up wolf, a for body and green stuff.

Mauraders box also is handy as humans of various sorts.

That's the official list off the top of my head. Post up if there's something else you were thinking of.

Shoot me a pm and I'm happy to arrange one off random games if it can work.

-rhuntar