Mordheim start up

Fun game tonight. Learned a lot and enjoyed the talk. I will say though that numbers seem to mean more than toys in the beginning for sure. Having fodder to throw out front played off for me well but shooting was blah. Will keep my Orcs bowed-up but my Gobbos are going to run with hand weapons only. Might be able to squeeze another Squig in too.

Also there has to be an objective to entice everyone to head for the middle. Poor Drop Trooper got stuck in between two Warbands due to slight unforeseen movements. (Forest Gobbs are going to run from large Warriors charging at them, and that juicy flank was just tasty.)

Looking forward to the next game.

Double checked a couple of things just to clarify.

Yes, if engaged with more than one enemy one can attack more than one target if you have the attacks. Just remember to state which attack is which.

There is no bad things happening if you roll double ones on casting a spell, you just look bad.

There is no penalty for using two hand weapons in CC, but if you have two swords you still only get one parry save. (So take a sword and an axe.)

Still need to check on the casting of a spell if you run, It says you can run after a failed cast but nothing about if it succeeds.

If there are more questions about rules let's throw them out there to get answered.

• Like 1

Whoa, checked the alignment stuff in the manual: lawful and chaotic warbands get d3 rerolls during a battle or during exploration. Lawful/neutral and neutral/chaotic get one reroll, while neutral get nothing but can hire anyone. Not sure if anyone else noticed this stuff, I just glossed over the alignment stuff.

Whoa, checked the alignment stuff in the manual: lawful and chaotic warbands get d3 rerolls during a battle or during exploration. Lawful/neutral and neutral/chaotic get one reroll, while neutral get nothing but can hire anyone. Not sure if anyone else noticed this stuff, I just glossed over the alignment stuff.

Completely forgot about that alignment stuff. I remember reading that now but with all the other rules swimming in my head I have been known to forget side rules like these.

Of course players will have to announce their alignment at the beginning of the game to be able to benefit from the rerolls and remember it when it comes time to hire mercs.

Does anyone have an interpretation on the pike rules? I think Ill run a Tilean warband and I may want to run pikes. The rules entry lists them as being 12 points, but the rules are nearly the same as a spear which is ten, the only difference being it says "close combat 3" rather than "close combat."

I think this means a pikeman can attack from three inches away and so not receive a counter attack? The downside being it is a two handed weapon, and perhaps we could say it cant be used when in base to base? Then the pikeman would have to switch to a dagger or something. Maybe a pikeman could use it to receive a charge and get first attack (just like a spear), but after that round hed have to switch.

What do you guys think?

Does anyone have an interpretation on the pike rules? I think Ill run a Tilean warband and I may want to run pikes. The rules entry lists them as being 12 points, but the rules are nearly the same as a spear which is ten, the only difference being it says "close combat 3" rather than "close combat."

I think this means a pikeman can attack from three inches away and so not receive a counter attack? The downside being it is a two handed weapon, and perhaps we could say it cant be used when in base to base? Then the pikeman would have to switch to a dagger or something. Maybe a pikeman could use it to receive a charge and get first attack (just like a spear), but after that round hed have to switch.

What do you guys think?

I don't know where that warband came from, so I haven't been able to find any other information...

I'm happy with any ruling on it, or you could just buy spears instead and avoid any confusion (although its less flavorful...)

My friend William is going to come with his Woodelf band. Should be a nice addition.

That's great!

I'll plan to be at GG around 7:30 tomorrow, with a warband.  Hoping to sort out my Reiklanders before tomorrow, or maybe it'll be undead or beastmen if I don't get to work on them.

By the way, the roommie (William) and I are six games in on our eight game campaign and Im loving it. How did this game die out? I just built a few guys for a tilean warband which will play a lot differently than my gobs. A few things:

We forget the extra rerolls from alignment every game.

We forget to parry a lot.

Hiding is a huge benefit and should not be neglected!

We have been playing knockdown wrong for a while: if a model is knocked down, you only roll to wound, no to hit or injury rolls: a wounded model is out of action rght away

Weve been doing one huge thing wrong for a while: if there is a henchman group with two henchmen, and that henchmen group has three experience, you add six to your warband rating, not just three. Whoops.

Im sure some of you guys already knew this stuff, but I thought Id put them here because William and I forget this stuff.