My hive fleet photos

dalmer

Hello there,

Not too many of the lil' gribblies painted up yet, but my hive fleet has some completed models.  Again, used my son's cell phone and comic book boards as backdrop so sorry if the photos are sucky.  I tried.

Carnifexes (only two would fit)

0FAKl9Yl.jpg

A mawloc that my son built (and some spore mines near the base)

43GDDg9l.jpg

A genestealer brood (I put them on Litko movement trays so they're easier to take off my shelf)

roNIQM4l.jpg

WHSXc1rl.jpg

A bunch of rippers

Gn0ds4Xl.jpg

iBOyTjEl.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I like the extra long bonesword, my only thought though, is to try and use green stuff to smooth out that transition. Or make the cut at an odd angle, and then add other deep grooves in the sword to make it look like its been used alot and hide the joining line.

I see you got the wings, and 2 sets of arms on your tyrant. How did you do that?

I am by far not the one to turn to for conversion advice because there are much better people to get advice from, but that is my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Pumpkinhead,

Yeah, I'm just getting around to "green stuffing" joins and such... the tail section has a noticeable seam as well.  Newer-built models won't have that stuff, hopefully.  My son builds stuff so fast though but I'm hoping to slow him down with the attentions to detail like that.  He did the big sword so I'll pass along the transition stuff, thank you very much!

He told me the following for the wings/arms:  the torso section had 2 "holes" on each side for arms.  Wings in the upper one, arm in the lower one and another arm in between. 

Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated!

• Like 1

Pumpkinhead,

Yeah, I'm just getting around to "green stuffing" joins and such... the tail section has a noticeable seam as well.  Newer-built models won't have that stuff, hopefully. 

I've just started using a dip for some of my stuff, and it makes any sloppiness or laziness in prep painfully obvious. I do like the effect when it works, but it kind of feels like I'm just transferring effort/time from painting to prep/modeling.