Anything better than skyrim out there?

Between civ 5 and skyrim, I'm having trouble finding a better PC game. Maybe I don't need one, but I'm looking for a game worth dumping hours into and not feeling like I wasted my money/time.

If ya haven't tried any of the current FTP MMO`s that may be a place to go:)

I dabble in Neverwinter,SWTOR and now and then do a stint in EQ2.These games offer a ton of content for free.

And of course theres WoW its not free though...and my kids got me playing it again for the Summer /rolleyes.

As for single player stuff I think Dragon age will have a new game coming out soon and of course theres several great Strategy titles out there,im currently playing through scenarios in Allied Corps from Matrix games.

Have you played Fallout 3 and New Vegas yet? They are basically Post-Apoc with the skyrim engine and, better story. Skyrim was an awesome game, but the story just fell flat for me... I skipped it and just wandered the world.

Wasteland 2 will be out soon and should be pretty cool as well.

Yeah, I've actually played all the list games that are above (save the one that's not out yet). Kinda sad. Of all the above, I'd consider playing wow again, but I've really too old a player of that game and get lost in nostalgia or reminiscing about the good old days.

Hmm...I have played those, but didn't finish either. I'll admit, I dislike having to keep track of the entire party in those AD&D PC games. I may have to get a copy of planescape and finish that one this time, that one is amazing if you can get past the UI. Mass Effect handles the party system very well, but I've really those enough.

As for total war, also played that and didn't really like it, but I didn't recently. Maybe I'll try it again. Did that warhammer knock-off of total war turn out decent? Something like "Warhammer march"....

Oh, thanks for the help, all. It helps to have a discussion with others, rather than talking to myself.

Hmm...I have played those, but didn't finish either. I'll admit, I dislike having to keep track of the entire party in those AD&D PC games. I may have to get a copy of planescape and finish that one this time, that one is amazing if you can get past the UI. Mass Effect handles the party system very well, but I've really those enough.

As for total war, also played that and didn't really like it, but I didn't recently. Maybe I'll try it again. Did that warhammer knock-off of total war turn out decent? Something like "Warhammer march"....

Oh, thanks for the help, all. It helps to have a discussion with others, rather than talking to myself.

The Warhammer mod for TW is kinda clunky,even in its most recent version...still had problems getting it to work.However there is supposed to be full on production version in the works from the TW Developers:)

Not a mod, this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer:_Mark_of_Chaos

It's its own game, but clearly a rip off of total war.

Yeah,that game is lame,lol

Creative Assembly,the Total war developers currently hold the Liscence from GW to make Warhammer Fantasy strategy games using their game engine and at last announcement over a year ago they were planning to release titles "beyond" 2013...however there seems to not be any titles in the works currently.

Now if you do have Medievil Total War( I think that's the one) or newer version you can dl for free the Community made Warhammer Total war mod for the game,,it is in much better condition now that a few years back when it was started.But the thing I didn't like about it is it plays too much like Medievil total war just reskinned which isint bad but for me I would like to see more immersive fantasy environments.Not to knock the guys who finally got it out though,they did a really good job on making it work(finally,lol)

Divinity Original Sin. It is equal to Baldur's Gate 1 and 2.  Great game, lots of quests, storyline is good. Well worth the Forty dollars i spent on it.  Took me 110 hours to beat with side quests.

Downloading. Looks really awesome.

Divinity Original Sin. It is equal to Baldur's Gate 1 and 2.  Great game, lots of quests, storyline is good. Well worth the Forty dollars i spent on it.  Took me 110 hours to beat with side quests.

Wow..love this game, thank you so much.

If you're looking for deep strategy, take a look at Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis IV.

Ugh...crusader kings is intense. I did get it, but that one is...intense.

Anyway, I'm quite happy with divinity original sin for now. Thank all of you very much for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah both games have sucked me in. The gameplay is great, the dialogue is hilarious, and the character development is really enjoyable. Both games are highly recommended.

I've also been playing a lot of Space Hulk lately. I got it for $2.50 and have easily put in 10 hours. You'd think I'd be spending this time painting my OFCC army, lol.

• Like 1