Deathstorm Drop Pods in 7th

Bosco

I have a drop pod space wolves army and have been eyeballing making them a bit more competitive; any one have experience using or playing against either version of the deathstorm pods?  

Are they worth their points, or do they function as an exaggeration of the one-and-done nature of a drop pod alpha strike?

Well, I have a 3D printer and the means to model the conversion bits, so I'll crank a couple out and see what I think of them.  I need to get the IA book and get a better idea of the rules for them, likely decide if they're worth considering from that alone.

Wait, are we talking about those FW ones that don't hold any guys? Fail, been thinking of the Deathwind Launchers. I've no clue on those FW ones.

I'm worried about the weapon fire arcs it isn't one uber weapon it is five hull mounted ones with very little fire arc over lap.

Idea i had was to run them 1to2 with troop pods try and have it support two different drops by being in between them. Problems I see is they are only a vehicle and don't have a way to split fire so two ish weapons firing off at any given target a turn...