Next: Dark Eldar

Fix

Wracks get a new ranged weapon called Ossefactor.

"Each Wrack has access to (...) hooked blades and studded claws, (...) power mauls, (...), to (...)hex rifles, liquifiers and ossefactors". Power weapons for Wracks! Acothyst can take ECW, Scissorhand, Mindphase Gauntlet.

5 Wracks in a box, 29 eur. 11 different heads inside. Its not a dual kit.

This one is interesting. There are bits in the box that allow you to replace the crew of Raiders and Venoms for Wrack pilots and gunners!

Plastic Wracks look almost indentical to the Finecast ones.

New Haemy is 20 eur, looks like a cross between Urien (he has a syringe) and the old Haemy.

Also, to be fair, they haven't gotten Mandrakes right like EVER.  

Well I LOVED the Mandrakes from the old codex.  I had nine of those burrowing little markers moving up the field ready to pop and attack.  In the recent codex, I felt they were much more dangerous even though less fun.  those AP 4 Pinning shots are pretty serious firepower, plus they could fight a little too.  Drop off a Haemonculi into the unit and go to town with them.  I mean Raiders are Assault vehicles, so doing this was really no big deal.  People just didnt want to HAVE to.  but i can count on one finger how many times it was a TRUE inconvenience.

Still, my hope for Mandrakes is that they just give them the pain token OR make it an upgrade like the Archangel of Pain.   Keep them the same.  They are what they are:  better than average shooting, average assault unit that is not expensive.

They are what they are:  better than average shooting, average assault unit that is not expensive.

10q2lOO.gif

No offense, LH, but while I love your shtick about uses for the bottom-feeding units in 40k, you're not going to convince me that mandrakes of any stripe have ever been worth the points spent on them.  

• Like 5

10q2lOO.gif

No offense, LH, but while I love your shtick about uses for the bottom-feeding units in 40k, you're not going to convince me that mandrakes of any stripe have ever been worth the points spent on them.  

Lol.  No eh?  Didn't you say the same thing about some other things before?  And yet now you DO believe.  I think I COULD convince YOU because you are a reasonable (and kinisthetic) person who will, I think, believe it when he plays it.  Sometimes the execution of a plan is harder to imagine than the reality of executing it.  

AP 4 kills a lot of stuff.  STR 4 is not weak.  Cover+FnP is also not abysmal.  3 Attacks on the charge is average and they can take on big boys.  You pay MUCH less than a Space Marine costs to get it.  It's kinda like why Sisters of Battle are good:  They pay a lot less for those grenades and bolters and though lower in toughness...  So much shooting!  makes a flank dangerous to take.

I'll be very interested i nthe Mandrakes thing...  Plus I mean are those models not incredibly awesome?

IMO the Archons (sp) court is more viable than mandrakes, at least you can take another venom with the Archon court ;D

I use the Court of the Archon now, actually, and it is a really good unit. Its versatile in a different way because the Medusae make it capable of doing a considerable amount of damage at a much closer range than Mandrakes are required to come into.  The Court has to use a Raider to get there, but three Hull Points is a pretty good defensive measure for any unit on the approach compared to none on a Mandrake unit.  so not a waste of points, but it IS points regardless of how useful.

Ultimately you take the units for totally different reasons.  A shooty army will prefer Mandrakes and an Assault army like the Dark eldar I now play, prefer the Courts more...direct approach.  =)

I'm with Fluger on this one. :)

Well of course you are.

Lol.  No eh?  Didn't you say the same thing about some other things before?  And yet now you DO believe.  I think I COULD convince YOU because you are a reasonable (and kinisthetic) person who will, I think, believe it when he plays it.  Sometimes the execution of a plan is harder to imagine than the reality of executing it.  

I trust that you have enough tactical acumen and gaming experience to squeeze every last drop of utility out of even atrocious units and you play in a manner that allows you to make use of things that most people discard at a glance.  Just because *you* can make use of Mandrakes doesn't mean that they are worth their points.  

• Like 2

Having met and played with you Hanaur, I have no doubts it's a favorite moment when you set up that atrocious unit to win/stomp/destroy or be irrefutably decisive in a victory.  I have seen some of the forum battles you get in because your vision is FAR more broad than the player base generally allows, on this forum and others.  If there is anyone that has stepped up to the plate saying 'I can win with any unit' it'd be you.  I have seen you design lists and strategies just to shine a turd :), and I have seen you sharpen a blade and then use that blade like a Ronin Samurai.  Your thoughts and discussion points have merit with me, but mainly in the way you play, a style in which you have spent years perfecting,  It's your own style and I don't think many could copy or even make use of all your insights.

All that said, I'm really concerned about this Codex release, the sky, THE SKY !!!!!

• Like 1