THANK YOU OFCC!!

McNathanson

Thanks a ton to all the guys who put in the work to put this on, and to all the great people who came and played. 

It was so cool to come back after several years away and see it running stronger than ever!!!

Great work everyone and THANK YOU for all the time and effort!  As a player, it was greatly appreciated!

Nathan

PS: Thanks TJP for having me on your team and saving me from being a vagrant wannabe player ;)

• Like 9

As this was my first OFCC I can't compare it, but it was fantastic and incredibly fun. Everyone of my opponents I would love to play against again, though I might need a beer in my hand next time I play against Sean. :tongue:

To all my opponets thanks for making my first OFCC great.

(To give you an example my Captain asked me how my last game went and I told him "great". Then it hit me that he was asking about how my "game" went and followed up by telling him that I got almost tabled while my opponent still had most of his army on the table. Forgot "winning" counts too.)

• Like 5

I'd like to thank the Senators for all their exceptionally hard work to put this together.  I got to help with setup and peek a bit behind the curtain.  The stresses of dealing with the not fun things that had to get ironed out even before the event started, never mind the same day work that is completely inglorious really made me appreciate the pressure they were under to make sure the event went smoothly. If they can do this well despite the challenges set before them, I really look forward to next year.

Thank you gentlemen, you have my respect.

Burk, it's not done yet, alright.  Sheesh.

• Like 4

As this was my first OFCC I can't compare it, but it was fantastic and incredibly fun. Everyone of my opponents I would love to play against again, though I might need a beer in my hand next time I play against Sean. :tongue:

To all my opponets thanks for making my first OFCC great.

(To give you an example my Captain asked me how my last game went and I told him "great". Then it hit me that he was asking about how my "game" went and followed up by telling him that I got almost tabled while my opponent still had most of his army on the table. Forgot "winning" counts too.)

i was referring to your game as a whole not just whether you won or lost so you had it right

i was referring to your game as a whole not just whether you won or lost so you had it right

I also need to thank you guys for taking on a poor soul like me into your team. I wasn't sure what to expect and the team turned out to be cooler than I expected. Love to see you guys in the future, even of it is across the table.
  • Like 1

The one thing that stood out the most was the amount of people wanting to continue playing warhammer after the events were over.  I hope this event just caused the hobby to grow.  Hopefully we'll get more people down at WoW for the escalation and I know I will be contacting a few people I met for some random pick up games now.  That was a great turn-out.  21 teams was more than I expected for fantasy.

• Like 3

OFCC 2014 was a stunning achievement that will disrupt and positively change the course of the human record for generations.

The logistics required to pull off an event of this magnitude, quality, and unbridled fun staggers the imagination, so many sincere thanks to the organizers, list raters, team captains, and players for making this occasion so memorable. I always look forward to seeing the people who make this event happen and am grateful for the dedication and commitment of Bryan, Eric, Joel, Mark, Nate and everyone else from OF who give time and thought to making the OFCC a one of a kind affair.

Personal thanks to Derk, Peter, Ed, Pete, and Paul for five outstanding games in which each one of you pounded my ass into oblivion. Your generalship is dazzling. And thanks to Sean Z. for infusing the venue with a joy that crackled right through the rumble of the MAC MAX.

Thanks to Dan Miner and NtK for the lunch invite. Let me get you next year!

Thanks to all the Da Mommas Boyz who showed up and represented whether they played on DMBz teams or others.

Thanks finally to Nut Punch for being the worthiest battle brothers. All love all the time.

Thanks, Ordo.

(Whoever was enfilading bowelshot around WHFB Table 7 during Game Four needs to see a doctor. And quick.)

• Like 3