End Times Part Dos

Nurgle haters gonna hate. GW loves Nurgle because Nurgle is the most flavorful, interesting, and wonderful Chaos god, and is worthy of worship.

While they probably are undercosted, it's not a game breaker. Even though they're on 40mm bases, they are infantry so:  

1) They can be stomped and thunderstomped.

2) They need 5 for a rank

3) No 3 supporting attacks from the back ranks.

4) No stomp

5) They can be killing-blowed

Also, still only movement 4. Thus, while they will put out the hurt, they won't be able to get the concentration of hurt that MI can dish out over a small frontage. You'll have to run them wide, and there's not much incentive to go over the minimum unit of 5. Don't get me wrong, they're brutal, but not nearly as brutal as they could be by adding a "monstrous" in front of that "infantry".

They are resilient as all get out, though. And they look great. I'll take a unit!

• Like 3

Would all of you like to know who likes anything that has to do with Nurgle?  Oh, I'll gladly inform you all.....DARK ELVES LOVE NURGLE!  We hit better than them and usually get more wounds through.  I'll take a unit of Cold One Knights of Cold One Chariot into those things all day long!

Or even better, I'll just dance around them and shoot them with repeater crossbows.  I would rather face nurgle over tzeentch sword and board.

Heck, there's probably a unit in every book that could deal with them.  Toss a steam tank at them and watch what they don't do to the tank!

Would all of you like to know who likes anything that has to do with Nurgle?  Oh, I'll gladly inform you all.....DARK ELVES LOVE NURGLE!  We hit better than them and usually get more wounds through.  I'll take a unit of Cold One Knights of Cold One Chariot into those things all day long!

Or even better, I'll just dance around them and shoot them with repeater crossbows.  I would rather face nurgle over tzeentch sword and board.

Heck, there's probably a unit in every book that could deal with them.  Toss a steam tank at them and watch what they don't do to the tank!

Hate to say it but I am not going to underestimate them at all. My DE usually consists of Corsiars and Dark Riders with a SS and K beast. Probably be able to take my list to OFCC as is.

I'll also admit my concerns are that I have never beat a WoC list and they tend to table me. My WoC opponents are not beginners of course but I am already having serious difficulties with them as is.

Yep, been avoiding witch elves like mad because I hate OP units but this seals it, if Choas spams these they Will get a CoB and WE horde to the face. (what's next, are Witch Elves going to get a boost to their effectiness?)

I'm sensing a cross-post theme here! WoC be damned, you don't need a reason. If you want to take Witch Elves, take Witch Elves! Just don't take Witch Elves as an act of aggression, take them because you want them. If you're worried about your regular opponents, the best way to deal with facing unbalanced lists is through a polite conversation.

I think it's cool that Beastmen have access to them (and Daemons, I guess). I hope this is a portent that I'll be able to run a combined Warrior/Daemon/Beastman Nurgle army again!

• Like 3

On the flip side I make my opponents very aware of the dark elf list I am playing.  If it's not a pre-arranged game, I normally bring two lists.  My tournament list for which I need to practice for preparring for the tournament I am going to be attending and an additional list in which my opponent may chose to play against.

However, like I have stated many-many times before this, my dark elf list is a very competitive list and it isn't meant for new comers or for playing against with "soft" lists.

I'm sensing a cross-post theme here! WoC be damned, you don't need a reason. If you want to take Witch Elves, take Witch Elves! Just don't take Witch Elves as an act of aggression, take them because you want them. If you're worried about your regular opponents, the best way to deal with facing unbalanced lists is through a polite conversation.

I think it's cool that Beastmen have access to them (and Daemons, I guess). I hope this is a portent that I'll be able to run a combined Warrior/Daemon/Beastman Nurgle army again!

Well I do get Dark Elf guilt from some players even though I bring soft lists compared to many out there and I'm not that good of a general. But getting tabled because I bring a Fun list is not fun. I know exactly how to build a DE list from Hell but I don't because I know the guilt trip I will get for will be epic.

I will bow out of this thread but I feel there is a mixed message sometimes.

QFT!!