SAGA -Getting Started

Koyote

Aye, you did and it was a beautiful thing but from your description it was not clear whether or not the original was hardback or not and given that The Crescent and the Cross was right next to it I was confused by what I was seeing.  Specifically, I recalled your mention of the cardstock battle boards and I thought that there was no way this thing could have contained those and any rules of any substance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've added a few more manufacturers to the list located on Post #3. I've also added a link to a manufacturer who makes some cool SAGA measuring sticks.

Oh yah, and there is also this:

image_zpsooyljkn4.jpg

LINKY

SAGA Revenant 6 point Warband Limited Edition Box Set

NOW AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER FOR COLLECTION AT SALUTE

(will be available to mail order week following SALUTE (25th April)

SAGA: Revenants is a new Faction for the SAGA game system. It is for use with the main rules in the SAGA Dark Age Skirmishes or SAGA The Crescent & The Cross rulebooks. Please note that this faction is not part of the main SAGA canon and as such is not for tournament play.

It is designed to give you something different and fun to play between friends or at friendly club meetings. We hope you enjoy it!

*Rules and Battle Board will be available as a download-only once the limited set has sold out.

image_zpsgli3xku7.jpg

• 4 months later...

Thx to Jesse for walking me through a SAGA game on the 28th of AUG @ GG.

Ordered a crusader 4-pt warband, dice and the Crescent & The Cross Rulebook

Depending on shipping time from architectsofwar and my painting queue, I can bring them to battle in the PDX area late SEP/early OCT.

• 6 months later...

I had a great time getting my first exposure to SAGA at Guardian Games last Saturday. The guys of the Historical Gaming group putting on some demo games were friendly and very willing to talk about the system and explain how the Battle Boards, dice, etc. worked. I plan to be at the next game day there in April, and I hope to play my first game then. I've also started to put together a 4 point Norman force!

SAGA: The Age of the Wolf is the forthcoming SAGA Dark Ages Campaign book. It contains an awesome new campaign system for two or more players in which rival Warlords lead their Warbands in a bloody struggle for land, wealth and reputation.

There are many ways to come out on top in the campaign and claim the crown. How you do it will be up to you and the motivations of your Warlord- unless, of course, your opponents have other ideas........

The Age of the Wolf will be released in May but you will be able to pick up advance copies at SALUTE only from the Gripping Beast mega stand TK13.

image_zpsulyyc2g3.gif

• 1 month later...

Age of wolf now available.

I am working on trying to get regular playing games at Dice Age Games in Vancouver. There is a little group, meet twice a month to play. I have a few psinted warbands, Vikings, welsh, and Anglo Danish starting another two, Anglo Saxons and Normans. I have 6 pts of riders of Rohan made up to play stepped tribes.