SAGA -Getting Started

Koyote

I had a great time getting my first exposure to SAGA at Guardian Games last Saturday. The guys of the Historical Gaming group putting on some demo games were friendly and very willing to talk about the system and explain how the Battle Boards, dice, etc. worked. I plan to be at the next game day there in April, and I hope to play my first game then. I've also started to put together a 4 point Norman force!

Tom and I took the plunge today and played our first 4 point game of SAGA.

Bishop Odo led his Norman force against the warband of Jurgen Blackstaff. By turn 5, they had met each other in open field and exchanged grievous wounds to tie the game.

It was a great game, and I look forward to playing again.

Why Blackstaff you ask?....because frostbite is a bitch. :)

• Like 1

Why was I not informed that I could have Brian Boru lead my Irish warband?!?! I would have been playing this game ages ago. Time to get models

Brian Boru is a Hero of the Viking Age (special character). The BB rules portray him during the Battle of Clontarf. As such, elderly Boru's stats are pitiful, but his presence on the table provided benefits to all the Irish in his warband. Boru may be accompanied by Ulf the Quarrelsome, who is a bit of a bad @ss. Gripping Beast, Footsore Miniatures and Crusader Miniatures make a Brian Boru model. GB and FM make an Ulf model.

Footsore:

Bodyguard, Boru and Standard Bearer

image_zpsb9qjonoi.jpeg

Ulf

image_zpsdfs4oljz.jpeg

Gripping Beast:

Boru

image_zpscercru8o.jpg

Ulf

image_zpscyxqbjze.jpeg

Crusader:

Boru on foot and mounted