Brawl List and Verminlord Test

Got the rats out for the first time in a long while last night for a 2400 game against Raindog.  Needless to say his cheaty elves won the day (with a bit of help from my poor rolling and exploding cannon), but it gave me a chance to test a few things out.  This is the list I am working with.

Lords - 728

Warlord - Warlitter, Talisman of Preservation, Weeping Blade, Potion of Strength, Enchanted Shield

Verminlord Deceiver

Heroes - 369

Chieftain - BSB, Biting Blade, Dragonhelm, Shield

Plague Priest - Level 2, Dispell Scroll, Flail

Plague Priest - Plague Censor, Potion of Foolhardiness

Core - 734

40 Clanrats - Shields, Full Command

50 Slaves - Musician

50 Slaves - Musician

Special - 216

6 Gutter Runners - Slings, Poison

Rare - 340

Warplightning Cannon

Hellpit Abomination - Warpstone Spikes

I managed a great first turn against the elves, but failed all ward saves with my verminlord bringing him down by the second turn.  Then my cannon blew up...then I failed to dispel fiery convo...it was pretty ugly from there on out.

The point is, I actually like this list quite a bit.  In a different match up, or if I had played less aggressively, I think it would work out nicely.

As for the verminlord, I am sold (even though it died so early in this game!).  It functions very similarly to a greater daemon, and has some amazing tricks up it's sleeve.  Being able to skitterleap a monster of that size anywhere on the battlefield or out of risky combats, is awesome.  He will dominate against armies with no shooting, but must be played carefully otherwise.  His shooting attack will wreck hordes, and if he gets the right combination of spells then he will be a real headache for your opponent.  I look forward to more games, and to actually getting the model...heh.

• Like 2

We'll have to wait and see how it gets comped.

Talapas - I should be all taken care of for the brawl.

I can't imagine it'll be hit that hard considering how few points you pay for the regular Verminlord and how little the new ones changes (+1 T, +1 W, different magic weapons, and two OK special rules).  I wouldn't imagine charging more than like 30 comp for him.

Second game with the Deceiver proved that it is an awesome unit.  I was against wood elves again, but played him a little bit safer to keep from being arrowed off the table early on.  First turn he stayed behind my lines, away from archers.  When the second turn rolled around, he skitterleaped behind a unit of glade gaurd, killed 4-5 of them, and paniced them away.  later, after failing to kill some wardancers (damn 3+ ward!), I leaped him out of combat and into position to threaten other units.  Wood elf units epent the whole game trying to chase him down, and I just got him out of trouble whenever I needed to.  He may be a big point sink, but damn is he powerful and annoying.

It was a good game, now hopefully I can test him against against some other armies.

Had a great game with Art's Dark Elves this afternoon.  Everything was very close in the last few turns, then the rats fell apart. 

Verminlord was awesome though, only took one wound the entire game until we did a last-round challenge between him and the Dreadlord.  I picked up the model too, so now I have everything that I need for my brawl list, just have to get it painted up.

• Like 2

Had a great game with Art's Dark Elves this afternoon.  Everything was very close in the last few turns, then the rats fell apart. 

Verminlord was awesome though, only took one wound the entire game until we did a last-round challenge between him and the Dreadlord.  I picked up the model too, so now I have everything that I need for my brawl list, just have to get it painted up.

The Black Sheep Brawl Thanquol comp is complete.  It's just being edited right now for the packet.  Verminlord Deceiver is -20. The full list should be out tonight or tomorrow.

• Like 1

It was a great game.  I thought you were going to wipe my knights on the floor until the abom fled right in front of your lines.  That saved my lines.  It was very fun though that Verminlord is great, IMO.  He killed 9 corsairs from one shooting phase!  He did more damage to my army than the WLC.

Your slaves did great at holding my Peg-Master in place.  They did great keeping him out of the game (I didn't think they were going to hold that long).  Then for the Dark Elves, the Warlocks went to town in the supporting charge for my depleted knights.  Great game though.

• Like 1

They are rat daemons, they've perfected the "tuck tail and run" thing.

Just got my Verminlord yesterday at DA for the CheeseGrater.  Im looking at the corrupter or warpseer. I think plague is an amazing spell to get to re-roll and ASF is nice, but 2  brass orbs (1 on a warlock) on the table and 6 S5 hits for WL every time is pretty nice. Ill have to try them both out in respective armies. Super cool model kit. 

• Like 1

They are rat daemons, they've perfected the "tuck tail and run" thing.

Just got my Verminlord yesterday at DA for the CheeseGrater.  Im looking at the corrupter or warpseer. I think plague is an amazing spell to get to re-roll and ASF is nice, but 2  brass orbs (1 on a warlock) on the table and 6 S5 hits for WL every time is pretty nice. Ill have to try them both out in respective armies. Super cool model kit. 

Sweet!   We will have to get a game in sometime for some rat-on-rat action.

On a side note, the verminlord is a great kit.  It went together easily, and has many great extra bits for future projects.

Made a few changes to the list, going to try it out tomorrow night.

Verminlord Deciever

Warlord - Bonebreaker, Talisman of Preservation, Weeping Blade, Potion of Strength, Charmed Shield

Chietain - BSB, Dragonhelm

Plague Priest - Level 2, Plague Censor

Plague Priest - Level 1, Dispel Scroll, Plague Censor

38 Clanrats - Shields, Full Command, Poison Wind Mortar

50 Slaves - Musician

50 Slaves - Musician

Doomwheel

Hellpit Abomination

Comp - 13 (WOOOOOO!)

I like the doomwheel more than the cannon, so I wanted to find space to fit it in.  Also put the warlord onto a bonebreaker because it's cooler and more effective than the warlitter.  He can be cannoned out of the unit now, but there are enough juicy targets in this list to keep cannons busy.  The plague censors have been AWESOME in my games so far, so I decided it would be good to have one on both of my priests. 

Plague censors are such a good utility item to have.

WIth 2 units of gutter runners, I don't think you need to worry about using a WLC to target other war machines.  The doomwheel can still wreck monsters and knights so that is a solid choice, IMO.  I like the list.  It poses a threat to many lists and then when you though you had your list contained.....BOOM! Deciever beind your lines killing 9 models from a single shooting attack!