Imperial Assault

So, has anyone played yet?  I'm super interested in it, as I was an avid Decipher fan, and the old school WEG RPG and the miniatures game from then.  I wish I still had the models.  Anyway, the hardship with all of those was finding other Star Wars fans.  I have people in my playgroup that enjoy strategy games, and I'm considering IA as an intro to Skirmish playing, I guess.  It looks pretty self contained, and viable for it.  Like Spacehulk 4.0.  Star Wars can be a hard sell to people.  Maybe not so much anymore, but there used to be a certain attitude towards it.  

So, has anyone played yet?

So I just stumbled upon these.  FFG is doing well, I think, in going against GWs grain and having established Tourny protocol on it's releases.  Encouraging and supporting that aspect of the hobby is great for business.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/3/2/join-the-rebellion-or-empire/

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/fa/e2/fae2df5f-162a-4eab-add7-7f7e8df00670/swi-tournament-rules.pdf

we always have 4 characters for the rebels even if there aren't 5 players for the game.  We do stay loyal to the characters levels and equipment even if we switch out.  That said, we've switched out characters once and in the most recent game.  We are trying to trouble shoot why we're getting our asses handed to us so consistently, so we tried a different party composition.  It didn't seem to help

• 3 weeks later...

I saw the box at the FLGS, held it while contemplating purchasing it and reviewing the contents.  As much as the Star Wars Miniatures geek in me that never got to play the one in the mid 90s wants to play this, I just don't imagine it getting much use at the moment.  Painting the figures would be fun, as well, but without anyone to play with/against, it's not a worthwhile investment.  :(  Maybe if I hung out more at the LGS, I'd have a greater number of geeky friends.  

• 3 months later...

Got this last week. Just finished the campaign with my wife and kids. The rebels won every single freaking mission but one! (I was the empire) I threw everything at them and my wife and daughter rolled dodge on that white dice so many freaking times it was insane. The big thing was that you can occupy the same space as some one and that made a world of difference. My best friend as the empire? A focused E-Web! (insert evil Palpatine laugh). 

From reading the posts above I think the fact there was only three Rebel characters made the difference. That gives them the HEROIC bonus which is more health and also a free activation token that can be shared so each turn one of the Rebels gets to go twice. It was used to 'Rest' quite often when it wasn't used for the dang Wookie to cleave through my Stormtroopers.

Anyone with experience want to maybe get a skirmish game in during OFCC? I'll bring the game.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...