Blood Rage

Murphy'sLawyer

I played a 4p game on Saturday and it was a lot of fun (my GF even liked it), just constant action and battles. Turns are very quick, which is a plus. We decided to not do drafting for cards for the whole game. I think to get the proper game balance it is a good idea to do drafting. Everyone was commenting on the quality of the miniatures. I can easily say these are the highest quality miniatures I have ever seen in a board game, especially ones without any assembly required. Cant wait to get it to the table again.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have played it 3 times now. It is not very good as a 2p game. The other 2 times I played it I played it 4p. I think you really need to draft every age, when we played our first game everyone just got a random hand of cards and I think that did not help keeps things balanced and fair. I really like how quick it plays but I think I would like just a bit more depth as well. Overall not my favorite game in my collection but I am glad I backed it, the miniatures are amazing.

In the rule book they suggest for your very first game that you don't draft in the first age and just keep the cards you are dealt. We ended up just playing that way the whole game and I think that made for an unbalanced first play though.

Yes bring on the Scythe, I backed that one on Kickstarter as well, but a longs ways off. Seems to be a bit more depth in that one.

• 2 months later...

I have played it 4 times and overall I like it, but its not quite as good as I would have hoped. Its not very good as a 2p game. I am going to run a full 6p game and see how that turns out at Gamestorm this year, I have an event set up for that.

Doesn't it only go to 5 players? There are 6 Clans, but one of the Clan expansions does not only adds a clan, not another player.

Our first game was 5 players and other than a rules screw up it went pretty well.

Oh yeah and 2 player seems really lame. Wondering how it works with three? Often games that go two to whatever are more "Yeah sure, the mechanics still work with two players" than "Is a fun game at two players". BloodRage really screamed that to me.

Do tell, deadwing!  When are you planning to run it?  I'll try to make sure I find it and get signed up.

Its event number 2161 but I just checked and it is all full now.

I am also running an Eclipse event too number 2162 but that one is now full too.

Sorry guys, if you are going to gamestorm maybe we can hook up and play something else.

Doesn't it only go to 5 players? There are 6 Clans, but one of the Clan expansions does not only adds a clan, not another player.

Our first game was 5 players and other than a rules screw up it went pretty well.

Oh yeah and 2 player seems really lame. Wondering how it works with three? Often games that go two to whatever are more "Yeah sure, the mechanics still work with two players" than "Is a fun game at two players". BloodRage really screamed that to me.

Yep it does only go up to 6p officially but looking on board game geek an easy way to modify the rules is to just deal out only 7 cards per player instead of 8. You already get extra cards if you participated in the kickstarter and if you got the 5p expansion. I don't see how it would not play great with 6p.

Yep it does only go up to 6p officially but looking on board game geek an easy way to modify the rules is to just deal out only 7 cards per player instead of 8. You already get extra cards if you participated in the kickstarter and if you got the 5p expansion. I don't see how it would not play great with 6p.

I think you might be tight on board space. As is, each player under 5 blocks a space, but adding player 6 will not add any space. While the game will mechanically work, I wonder is some strategies might suffer due to over crowding.

I think you might be tight on board space. As is, each player under 5 blocks a space, but adding player 6 will not add any space. While the game will mechanically work, I wonder is some strategies might suffer due to over crowding.

Yep that's true but the center space can have unlimited figures and there are constant warriors being sent to their death as well. Also no territories would be destroyed at the beginning of the game naturally.

Yep that's true but the center space can have unlimited figures and there are constant warriors being sent to their death as well. Also no territories would be destroyed at the beginning of the game naturally.

Right, but in 5 players you also have no areas destroyed, so basically you are squeezing the 6th player onto the 5 player board. Honestly though, I am not trying to discourage you from give it a go, but that was my concern looking at it. I am definitely interested in hearing how it goes. Let us know.