Random Thought Thread

InfestedKerrigan

OK, this one's been bugging me the last few days, because I've got a First War for Armageddon narrative scenario I'm playing in this weekend to break in my buddy's Khorne Daemonkin Army. So, the First War for Armageddon took place in 444.M41. They're telling me that for 9 1/2 Millenia, this vital imperial world didn't suffer a single attack powerful enough to be called a War, and then in less than 600 years, it's been completely engulfed by war three times? What's up with that?

• Like 1

OK, this one's been bugging me the last few days, because I've got a First War for Armageddon narrative scenario I'm playing in this weekend to break in my buddy's Khorne Daemonkin Army. So, the First War for Armageddon took place in 444.M41. They're telling me that for 9 1/2 Millenia, this vital imperial world didn't suffer a single attack powerful enough to be called a War, and then in less than 600 years, it's been completely engulfed by war three times? What's up with that?

The simple answer is: The End Times.  As the FB world is torn asunder, fueling the Dark Gods, the attacks become more frequent.  Warptime is relative, as is any other time, really.  As such, the 600 years in Realspace has only been a few years making in that region of Warpspace. 

I find this info graph actually represents this compressed timeline quite well: http://alturl.com/idy7x

Wait, I'm thinking Black Crusades.  

I have this headcanon that Bjorn the Fellhanded really dislikes ostentation and decoration, and every time the SW reawaken him and he's got new battle honours all over for whatever he did last time, he's all "You guys f***in' drew all over me while I was asleep again, didn't you?"

I totally buy this. Bjorn is one of my favorite space wolf characters ever and it is always sad when I can't fit him in a list (which is every time).

• Like 1

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

― Isaac Asimov

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. 

--Robert Heinlein
  • Like 4