Random Thought Thread

InfestedKerrigan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

One consequence of having a three year-old nephew is that I have become rather better acquainted with the cartoon Octonauts than I ever would have guessed. I bring it up because one of the follow-on consequences of that is that I now always envision DeathWatch briefings being done in the format of the Octonauts' Creature Reports, including the dance breaks.

• Like 4

I feel your pain... heck any parent with young kids feels your pain. 

On 4/1/2017 at 11:35 PM, WestRider said:

One consequence of having a three year-old nephew is that I have become rather better acquainted with the cartoon Octonauts than I ever would have guessed. I bring it up because one of the follow-on consequences of that is that I now always envision DeathWatch briefings being done in the format of the Octonauts' Creature Reports, including the dance breaks.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Complete side tangent:

Lowe's always pisses me off. When buying things like tools I tend to go for the middle priced option. The most expensive ones have all the options I don't need and the cheapest ones usually break immediately.

Lowe's business policy seems to be, "we only carry Ferraris or Jalopies".

• Like 3

7 hours ago, PourSpelur said:

Complete side tangent:

Lowe's always pisses me off. When buying things like tools I tend to go for the middle priced option. The most expensive ones have all the options I don't need and the cheapest ones usually break immediately.

Lowe's business policy seems to be, "we only carry Ferraris or Jalopies".

ROFL

The problem is that chicken breasts dry out if cooked beyond 150°F (66°C) or so, but legs need to come up to 175°F (80°C). Spatchcocking, or butterflying, is the solution: By flattening out the chicken, you expose its legs to higher heat, helping them cook a little faster than the breasts—which is exactly what you want for juicy meat. It also yields crisper skin and a much faster cooking time than traditional roasting. In and out of the oven in 45 minutes or less!

• Like 5

I don't think it matters what it actually means.  If you tell me you spatchcocked my dinner I think I am skipping it and stopping for a bite on the way home.

(When my wife roasts chicken she spatchcocks it but that's not something you discuss in polite company.)

• Like 2

o.0

You're having problems with a pose in a movie poster about a franchise where lots of aliens mine the hollowed out skull of a titan floating in space facilitated by the fact that the interior of the skull has a breathable atmosphere.

Does this poster not show all the important things about Starlord's character?  Is it not cool?  Methinks youse overthinking this one.  :biggrin:

• Like 2