Random Thought Thread

InfestedKerrigan

16 hours ago, PumpkinHead said:

Work just upgraded my computer, and now I have a desktop with a SSD. It is much zippier then my old computer.

Is it bad that I'm torn between wanting to upgrade my PC and buying another gecko for a breeding project that can fund my PC desires in the future?

Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 -- Fun film, worth watching and absolutely an 'in-the-theater' movie. Lots of eye-candy, great one-liners, some fun cameos and !5! post-credit scenes. I don't think it's quite as good as the first one (missing that spark of novelty, I guess) but still must-see MCU.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, andy said:

Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 -- Fun film, worth watching and absolutely an 'in-the-theater' movie. Lots of eye-candy, great one-liners, some fun cameos and !5! post-credit scenes. I don't think it's quite as good as the first one (missing that spark of novelty, I guess) but still must-see MCU.

I think they were showing off with the credit scenes... ;)

49 minutes ago, andy said:

Dammit, wrong thread.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

To make matters worse, I came across a 51 Willys Station Wagon project car for 2 grand today. Motorcycle, Project Car, or Titan?  Ugh.  2 are practicle. 2 are a lot of work. All 3 run the risk of sitting unused.

If you have the time, money and skills... Willys.

All day, every day. That's a hard conversation you needs to have with yourself though. I did a face lift and a ton of tinkering on a 64 Volvo 122 that I used to own. Got her up to being a sharp looking and reliable daily driver. One day a guy walked up to me in a parking lot and offered me an amount that I couldn't say no to, having a newborn at home and all. Still miss that car. Found another one I could build back up again not too long ago. After really sitting down and mulling, I just don't have the time to tackle a whole car build.

Not sure where your time/skill/money/patience levels are. If it's something you've done before I probably sound patronizing. Not the intention, nor am I anti-"rebuild awesome car", I'm fully pro. Just wanted to let you know it's a long road. 

If you get it, do a build thread or blog! I'm dying to see how it goes and can live vicariously through you.

• Like 3