Random Thought Thread

InfestedKerrigan

Been thinking a lot about Khorne dudes since I've been working on my DK for TSHFT. In particular, the warbands where GW's all "They consider any day without a kill to be wasted, and will fight to the death among themselves if no enemies are available." Seriously, all you've gotta do is stall those guys for a few days and they'll pretty much take care of themselves, or at least (literally) cut themselves down to a manageable force.

Also, if they're all blood-thirsty maniacs who think of nothing besides slaughter, how do they manage to maintain surface-to-orbit craft in anything even remotely resembling working order.

• Like 1

A theory I came up with after a Wikipedia binge through various Marvel storylines: Everyone on Earth 616 is some sort of impostor. Aliens, clones, magical, extra-dimensional, whatever. And I do mean everyone. Not just the people with powers. Not just the named characters. Everyone. So many different groups have become so obsessed with infiltrating the Earth that no one noticed that the last actual baseline human was replaced in 1958.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Vampires don't like sunlight but are okay with moonlight which is actually reflected sunlight....

I've actually read a couple of vampire stories that addressed that. The only one I recall off the top of my head is Sunshine, by Robin McKinley, where vamps get more sensitive to sunlight as they age. Young vamps can handle indirect daylight, somewhat older and they can only tolerate moonlight, even older, and they can only go out on moonless nights, and the very oldest vamps can't even handle starlight through the clouds.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...