Two weeks until lists are due!

and on the 16.0 day of warhammer, the swedes declareth: THOU SHALT NOT USE UNDEATH WITH BEASTMEN!!!

Level 1 wizard with lore of Undeath: -5 per spell
Level 2 wizard with lore of Undeath: -6 per spell
Level 3 wizard with lore of Undeath: -7 per spell
Level 4+ wizard with lore of Undeath: -8 per spell
Book of Ashur -1 per lore of Undeath spell on wearer
Skull of Rarkos -1 per lore of Undeath spell in the army
Shard of the Herdstone -6 for each wizard in the army (-9 if lore
of Undeath in the army)

and a big FU to dwarf players: (-20 if 2 Rune
of Spellbreaking on the same model)  that is just absurd.  -20 for a 4+ chance to get rid of a spell?  wow.... they started hitting dwarfs harder in this update :(
  • Like 1

and on the 16.0 day of warhammer, the swedes declareth: THOU SHALT NOT USE UNDEATH WITH BEASTMEN!!!

Level 1 wizard with lore of Undeath: -5 per spell
Level 2 wizard with lore of Undeath: -6 per spell
Level 3 wizard with lore of Undeath: -7 per spell
Level 4+ wizard with lore of Undeath: -8 per spell
Book of Ashur -1 per lore of Undeath spell on wearer
Skull of Rarkos -1 per lore of Undeath spell in the army
Shard of the Herdstone -6 for each wizard in the army (-9 if lore
of Undeath in the army)

of Spellbreaking on the same model)  that is just absurd.  -20 for a 4+ chance to get rid of a spell?  wow.... they started hitting dwarfs harder in this update :(

Haha. Yeah, they hammered Undeath on TK as well. It's basically not worth taking.

Good riddance on the dwarfs, though. Swedish dwarfs were obnoxious. I'm not paying all that money for tickets and hotels to sit behind a hill and take the draw.

• 2 weeks later...

Because Dwarfs are so way over powered.

Naw.....

They have an excellent magic phase.

Nope.

But they have an awesome magic defense.

Nope, not even a Level 4.

But they are so mobile.

Wait, they are movement 3.

Oh, they are so fighty.

But they have no impact hits, stomps, or mobility.

They can shoot!

Everybody with an actual shooting phase can do it better.

Because Dwarfs are so way over powered.

Naw.....

They have an excellent magic phase.

Nope.

But they have an awesome magic defense.

Nope, not even a Level 4.

But they are so mobile.

Wait, they are movement 3.

Oh, they are so fighty.

But they have no impact hits, stomps, or mobility.

They can shoot!

Everybody with an actual shooting phase can do it better.

I never said they were good - just that they were obnoxious. Swedish dwarfs don't generally win, and as a result the standard dwarf gunline build is quite undercomped. Thus they're starting up with a VP advantage on you, and if you just run across the table at them you'll likely bleed more points than you'll get out of their stubborn bricks. Instead the usual strategy is to just set up hidden behind hills and take the draw / minor loss instead. 

Swedish dwarfs don't win tournaments...they just prevent *other* people from winning tournaments. The pool of people in the running for the podium essentially shrinks to "who drew the fewest dwarf opponents?"

Part of this is the comp pack being poorly written. The rest is the dwarf book itself being poorly designed. Castling up behind big stubborn bricks is NOT a fun way to play warhammer, and running at that castle is even worse. Hopefully 9th does something with the book that makes them actually enjoyable to face.

I never said they were good - just that they were obnoxious. Swedish dwarfs don't generally win, and as a result the standard dwarf gunline build is quite undercomped. Thus they're starting up with a VP advantage on you, and if you just run across the table at them you'll likely bleed more points than you'll get out of their stubborn bricks. Instead the usual strategy is to just set up hidden behind hills and take the draw / minor loss instead. 

Swedish dwarfs don't win tournaments...they just prevent *other* people from winning tournaments. The pool of people in the running for the podium essentially shrinks to "who drew the fewest dwarf opponents?"

Part of this is the comp pack being poorly written. The rest is the dwarf book itself being poorly designed. Castling up behind big stubborn bricks is NOT a fun way to play warhammer, and running at that castle is even worse. Hopefully 9th does something with the book that makes them actually enjoyable to face.

while i agree the book could have done a bit more,  you're being presumptuous about the style of dwarf players you see and their success level.   the changes affect ALL styles of dwarf players which is what is frustrating.  the rest ill just leave at this...  lebowski1.jpg

FWIW I have plenty of fun fighting Dwarves, although it's sometimes pretty hard to approach their lines esp with those friggin Flame Cannons blazing.  

I actually feel badly for Dwarf players because they are pretty limited in what they can build.  I guess if you want dynamic mobile army, play something else, sort of like if you want a grinding battle line, don't play Wood Elves!

As for what is fun Warhammer, as long as the game is close and interesting, I don't mind facing the occasional castle defense.

Are we still talking about list due dates?? Haha :)

• Like 1

BTW I think you're reading this wrong... as I understand it, you'd only take -20 if you have 2x Spellbreaking on a 2nd model.  You only apply a parenthetical penalty if the non-parenthetical on the same line already applies.  So you can take a single RSmith with 2x RoSB and just pay the usual RSmith penalty!

For example, Bretonnia:

Prophetess of the Lady -18
Level 4 wizard -10
Lore of Life -7 (-12 if level 4 wizard)

Does NOT mean you take -12 if you have a L4.  It means if you have Lore of Life AND the wizard is L4, you take an additional -12.