Valhalla Research Station (Firestorm)

That's the prop terrain for the Terran Alliance, here (the centipede thing):

71PsKEB-A9L._SL1280_.jpg

Battle scribe says we can field it as a battles station variant, but I can't confirm this online. Does someone have a rule book or something that confirms this?

http://www.spartangames.co.uk/resources/downloads

Are they not available online?

Spartan is highly misleading when they say they have the rules free online. They have SOME of the rules online, and some get released with physical books. I think they update the free things gradually.

Anyway, if you create a roster for Terran alliance in battlescribe and select battle station, you get two choices: the 110pt Valhalla and the 180pt Palisade classes of battle station. The two have vastly different roles, with the Palisade being a death star and the Valhalla being a very fragile SRS token carrier.

So, my question is, where did battlescribe get these rules and are they legal?

Spartan is highly misleading when they say they have the rules free online. They have SOME of the rules online, and some get released with physical books. I think they update the free things gradually.

Though I am not certain where battlescribe get's its information, I wouldn't go so far as saying Spartan Games is being highly misleading with their free data.

Considering you can't buy the Valhalla station outside the box set, they likely won't have specific rules available online for them. Their main focus is to provide free rules for models you can purchase separately or don't come with rules normally. They also wait a significant amount of time after releasing special units or unique items to give people value for purchasing the items before they are sold separately. Case in point: Battlestations. They were given free to pre-ordered 2.0 rule books. However they didn't provide the rules until they actually announced that they are selling them as box sets. It took 2 years before they released rules for them.

Anyway, I didn't mean to go off on that side topic.

If the rules for the valhalla research station are only found in the above box set, are they legal for normal play?

Anyway, I didn't mean to go off on that side topic.

If the rules for the valhalla research station are only found in the above box set, are they legal for normal play?

Shhhh, it's okay. GW can't hurt you here!

All kidding aside, anything they publish is legal for normal play. My understanding is that the box gives you everything you need to play as well as rules on how to use the station and scenarios involving the station.

• Like 1