All the options except the Missile Launcher are pretty easy to make swappable, and even the Missile Launcher is doable. My personal preference is Autocannon/Missile Launcher. Lots of things that can shoot at effectively. Ideally, with a platform this fragile, you'd keep it cheap, but since that isn't an option for the Prime, the extra 20 Points seem worth it for the more versatile firepower.

• Like 1

I was at Harbor Freight and found brief case looking tool boxes with foam tear outs for customizing to your size tool....or you know... Miniature.

They were 28 each. Bought a pair. I think it can handle up to Land Raiders. Don't think there is a reasonable way to get my knights in it without pinning the torsos. And that's not an option currently.

Hoorah for army transportation!

• Like 1

It was a 4 dollar multi oz jar I picked up at the train airplane and rc shop.  

Does a big can of thinner from the hardware store work?

Reading Vallejo web page they say their airbrush paints have finer pigments to help prevent clogging. Specifically of the wooden nature.

I went through that whole thing of thinner in one sitting. Had I been doing something more serious I'd have been without.

• 4 weeks later...

So...true scale Marines incoming. That sort of buggers things up. Much like using points to summon daemons.

I wonder how long it will take for chapter masters and other characters to be bestowed with mk 10 armor, bringing them inline with the new. Perhaps they will give us new heroes of the 41k, and by 10th edition they'll phase out the older mks of power armor and stop producing that scale Astartes. Are MiniMarines going to be Squatted? 

I knew I should've stuck with just Knights alone. Lol

Picked up a bunch of X20a and a small thing of Gun Metal. Took one of the Knights that I was planning on having black metal pieces and re coated it with gun metal. Added a few drops of vallejo silver, sprayed from above. A few more drops of silver and a couple select passes. I want to give it another pass with gun metal from below before adding a wash. I think I need to turn the tank pressure down as well.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:48 AM, InfestedKerrigan said:

It was a 4 dollar multi oz jar I picked up at the train airplane and rc shop.  

Does a big can of thinner from the hardware store work?

Reading Vallejo web page they say their airbrush paints have finer pigments to help prevent clogging. Specifically of the wooden nature.

I went through that whole thing of thinner in one sitting. Had I been doing something more serious I'd have been without.

No, you need airbrush thinner sadly . I've had mixed results with alcohol as well. Al's Cycle n' Hobbies should have thinner. Also you want the paint as thick as skim milk.

• Like 1

I've been using the clear red for blood effects for years, it's nice and thick. But in order to apply properly as a coat, an airbrush is needed as it gets tacky pretty quick. It also needs sealed before handling if you don't want finger prints. I'm not sure if the rest of the range is like that, I'd imagine it is just the clears.  The Vallejo range is actually where I have ran into hiccups with my gun, trying to thin.  I don't know if thats cuz of using Tam Thinner on it. Read online that diff thinners can cause diff issues with various companies paints.

3 hours ago, Spaceork said:

No, you need airbrush thinner sadly . I've had mixed results with alcohol as well. Al's Cycle n' Hobbies should have thinner. Also you want the paint as thick as skim milk.

Yeah, Al's is where I've been getting my Tamiya range supplies. If I used something other than cork to base my guys, I'd probably get it there too. 

12 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

I've been using the clear red for blood effects for years, it's nice and thick. But in order to apply properly as a coat, an airbrush is needed as it gets tacky pretty quick. It also needs sealed before handling if you don't want finger prints. I'm not sure if the rest of the range is like that, I'd imagine it is just the clears. 

It's sort of the case with their opaque gloss paints, too. The flat ones don't have any issues like that at all, tho.

Goal: Assemble and paint to TTQ before June 17th

60+ Mini Marines

15 Storm Troopers

2 Drop Pods

1 Taurox

1 Contemptor 

11 Termies

3 Knights

Otherwise I will own even more plastic sprues. And I really don't need that.

I have paint scheme for Termies done, Half Assembled Half partly painted.

Approx 50 Marines mostly assembled and primed. Need to decide how I'm doing their black. I was thinking about trying Tamiya Smoke over silver with black wash. Similar to the way I'm doing my red, as suggested by FW.

Drop Pod schemes are done, one is partially painted the other is on sprue. The assembled one I painted after assembled. With all the sharp angles, I'm going to paint the majority of any subsequent Pods before assembly. 

Need to finish drilling KAC for Contemptor and prime its arms. Mostly done otherwise. 

Storm Troopers will be similar scheme as marines. Black with red highlights. Reference Pink Floyd Waiting for the Worms. 

Haven't decided on the Taurox scheme. Prob black with bits of red and brass.

The Knights are all in various stages of completion. The airbrush has helped make smooth headway on them, greatly. 

Unfortunately, this doesn't include getting the Daemons up to snuff, yet. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Trying to figure out how to run my Stormtroopers in a chaos list. Cultists don't accurately represent the models in the least. It's alright of I can't use them. I can't use my Primaris Marines either. The fact that I can run my Lord of Skulls with my Crusader, Acheron, and Castigator excites me greatly. I should be happy about that. I also realized that I can fold my Night Lords into the mix. I'm considering stripping them and reassembling them, and painting them up as Pinkertons. This would give me something to the effect of:

100 Marines

10 Characters

30 Termies

2 Helbrutes

1 Helforged Contemptor

3 rhinos

3 Knights + Lord of Skulls

Bloodthirster

20 bloodletters

3-6 Bloodcrushers

Skullcannon

2 or 3 heralds

Hmmm, thats a pretty sizable "warband"

I think tonight when I get home from the river, I need to take a look at my Lords, and gather inventory, on and off sprue.