The Infinity Run

Raindog

Last night, at Game Night, I played against Jeff's friend and OFCC teammate, Bob. Bob played Nomads and had two TR Bots, a Sin Eater HMG, a Intruder Sniper, two Zeros, and a supporting cast. It was a tough list to crack with a ton of ARO fire power. Bob mode multiple tough armor saves like a boss. His Sin-Eater crit 5 times! I peeled back the onion of his defenses just enough to touch two buttons for the win. It seems to be the Haqq way: sacrifice troops to achieve the mission. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I played Joel last night. Joel did a great thing. He tried a new typeof list and faction. Instead of playing his foxtrot picket and defensive grunt fireteam, he went for a hunter style list with Pan-O. He had a Seraph, Father Night, Black Friar, Joan and Order Sgt link team. He played out of his comfort zone and I applaud him for it.

The biggest hurdle for him in the game was a deployment. He left Joan in an area where she could be picked out with a few orders.  HIs Tag had no luck, my Ghulam sniper crit it twice. I had luck on my side. Joel rolled well. I rolled stupidly well. 

We talked about deployment after the game.

After gaming, Jeff and I went to Scout and talked about life and Infinity. 

Not a bad day at all. See you next week. 

• Like 2

Hello All,

My Micro Arts Kickstarter Arrived today. It was only six months late. There were a few freebies thrown in (a car, a van, some stickers and logos). The detail on the mats is very nice, but the edges are all slightly frayed. Meh. I will bring it on Sunday, so we call all look at it. 

• Like 1

Well, instead of painting models, I wandered off the grid and found an old project: a cargo container and painted it. Then, I slowly filed the interiors of the new MAS kiosks, so the acrylic insert would fit. Then, I started a whole new project that I will unveil tomorrow. Finally, I added more paint to my command room project. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I would have come, but I was just dead on my feet tired. I think it was too many sodas and bear claws, sugar crash, y'know? 

As for the mats, laying down something to provide some friction between them and the table would probably help, maybe a big piece of felt or something.

• Like 1

Last night was the finale of Jay's Spring League. I must say it was super successful. The game nights were full. Players brought tasty treats. We all learned a different way to play Infinity using the 20 x 20 system. I think my play improved from playing in the league. Thank you Jay!

I played two games. The first was against Pete. Pete has a brutally efficient 15 Order vanilla Aleph list.  We have not played in sometime, so the battle was on. The mission was to repair a drop ship, jump in, and escape. The secondary mission was to kill the enemy LT. Pete plays a superior game. His tactics are more than solid. Making matters worse, Pete was on a crit streak.  I could not win roll offs, so I decided not to play the firefight game and went for the scenario. That did not go well as Pete pulled my models off the board one by one, so I knew he had won. I shook hands at his play, but said, I wanted to play on. I wanted him to truly earn the win, so I played the my end game of denying Pete the win. I blasted the drop ship as it was about launch. The game was four turns, so he got out to repair it. In the final turn, as he repaired and relaunched the ship, I crit it in close combat with my Muyib (in the dogged state while still fighting a Myrmidon in CC) and then shot it with my smart missile launcher in direct fire mode. The ship failed to launch.  I had three models board, he had lost 2? With no LTs dead, the game was a tie. It felt like a win to me. 

In the second game, I played Jeff and his French. Jeff had a wicked team of Briscards with a sniper and two heavy rocket launchers in a fire team on high ground with a good view of the drop ship. He put a picket of mines and camo guys around the ship as well. He did not guard his flanks. One Farzan went on a run and took the high building commanding the center of the table. Two of my Mutts died running up the center after I failed to throw smoke around a corner, but the other two made a run up the other flank and got up into  chain rifle range and blasted the Briscard Link. One went down. That was all I needed. The Asiwria/Muyib link ran up the same flank and hid in the smoke until they could slice the pie and kill the Briscards one at a time. We called the game there. I was well behind his lines and inches from his LT with orders to spend. 

• Like 4

Hey, my daughter was not sick, sleeping propped up on the couch last night, so I could paint!  The resin bases for my new fancy MAS mini Kiosks are painted and matted. Heck, I even assembled them! Now, it is back the command room. I have spend so much time on this piece of terrain......... I hope Chris Matthews will be proud when I am done with it!

• Like 2

I am still working out n the command room....

At game night,  I tried to help Justin and Joel with play. I tried them on a stop clock to let them know how long they were playing and help them speed up for OFCC play. Joel had no luck. Justin responded with multiple crits.....

Then, I faced Evan. Evan went first and took the command room with a scout. The scout raided the panolpies and ended up with Armor 5!

I advanced my Muyib link and shot up his Chassuer, hacker, and antipodes. My one Muyib tanked six shots. I wanted to sacrifice him to take out the antipodes. It worked, but I didn't expect the Muyib to live. 

Evan moved up his Spez and jumped into combat with one Muyib using smoke. The scout killed the other.

For my second turn, I ran up Farzan and kill Uncle V, his antipode controller and his other Spetz. 

In his final turn, Evan's Spetz killed my Muyib in combat.

For mine, I ran up my Ghulams into the Command room area. One ran in, discovery and shot his scout with a crib to win the room. I won 6-3.

• Like 3

On the topic of speeding up play, I really recommend downloading a chess-clock app so each player can see how long they're taking individually without needing a third party. It's super helpful for understanding the idea of respectful time use (i.e. not using your opponent's half of the time) which is something I find too many wargamers have a difficult time with. 

• Like 1