Ordo Bowl Spring Training Tournament - BB7s - Nov. 7

savion47

Ordo Bowl Spring Training

Ordo Bowl will be hosting a Blood Bowl 7s tournament on November 7th. What is Blood Bowl 7s? I am glad you asked. Here is a link to the rules! They have been updated and modified slightly from the original Blood Bowl 7s document.

Some changes I want to point out:

• Only 7 players
  • Smaller pitch
  • 2 Lines of Scrimmage!
  • NO Re-Rolls
  • Players have a chance of leaving your roster
  • AND MORE!

So why do you want to play in this event?
1: It is a really fun way to play BB.
2. This tournament will serve as a precursor to the 2016 BB league. All coaches will be starting fresh in 2016, but, as Blood Bowl 7s is considered a lower league of play, any players on your roster at the end of the tournament can be drafted to play on your 2016 team!!! Think of 7s as a farm league. You will have to pay for the players base cost + any skills they acquired during the tournament and it will have to be the same team.

This will be a 5 game in 1 day event. I know, 5 games sounds like an insane number of games for a 1 day event, but the game was created for GW employees to play during a lunch break. Typical games I have play-tested last 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Ticket Cost: (Not yet on sale)

• $10.00 Non-Champ
  • $8.00 Champ

POTLUCK THINGY RULES:

Playing 5 games of Blood Bowl is a tiring affair (even if they are shorter). Having a potluck for everyone to munch on during the tournament is a great way to provide some much need refreshment. In fact, because I like eating more than Blood Bowl, there will be the "Master Chef Award". Bring your best dish to share and everyone will vote for their favorite dish at the end.

Please announce the dish you are bringing in this thread so that we do not have 10 people bring coconut macaroons... because I hate coconut macaroons.

Schedule:

• 8:30 - 9:00 Check-In
  • 9:00 - 10:30 Round 1
  • 10:45 - 12:15 Round 2
  • 12:15 - 1:30 Lunch
  • 1:30 - 3:00 Round 3
  • 3:15 - 4:45 Round 4
  • 5:00 - 6:30 Round 5
  • 6:30 - 7:00 Awards

Awards:

• Best Coach - coach with the best record.
  • Harvester of Sorrow - Most Casualties
  • Master Chef - best food item
  • 7th - For the coach who came in 7th
  • Quite a Looker - Most players drafted during the event.Well, 
  • Best Painted - Best Painted

FAQ

• For the 7s tournament, all positionals will be divided in 1/2 rounded up. For Instance in a normal league Amazons have access to 4 Blitzers. For 7s Amazons can only have 2 Blitzers. Chaos Teams in a normal league have access to 1 Minotar, they will also have access to 1 Minotar in the 7s tournament.
  • How do I pay? - Pay anytime you see me at Game Nights or day of the event. Paying early helps me out though.
  • UPDATE - No Journeymen or Mercenaries can be hired.

• savion47 - Orcs (I may or may not play depending on a number of factors)
  • Fitz - Paid
  • Rhuntar - Piad
  • michaels - Paid
  • Burk
  • Mr. Bigglesworth - Paid
  • kb10r - Paid
  • Blustorm - Paid
  • ROGRE - Paid
  • jollyork
  • Dark Trainer
  • Frostitute - Paid
  • honkeysquawk
  • Like 1

if i remember correctly after each game you get to give 1 player a roll:

yep here is the rules:

Star Player Points

Players do not gain Star Player points in Blood Bowl Sevens. Instead, after every game, choose 

one player on your team rooster that took part in the match and roll a D6 and consult the Star 

Player Roll table as normal. This roll is made automatically and is the only manner in which a 

player can gain new skills. 

You must pick a player on your roster after each match you play and make a roll for them on the 

Star Player Roll table. You are not allowed to decline choosing a player and making the roll. You 

may pick a player that has already received a Star Player Roll (SPR) but the more skills a player 

receives, the greater the chance of them being noticed by a professional team and drafted into 

the professional Blood Bowl league (see The Draft below).

Draft

As players become more experienced there is a chance they will be noticed by a professional 

major league team. When this happens there is little a coach can do as their best player is 

poached on the promise of a huge salary, all the beer they can drink and a bevy of beautiful 

women. It is little wonder that not many players refuse such an offer. 

Every time you make a roll on the Star Player table you must make an additional roll to see if a 

professional Blood Bowl team has drafted the player in question. Roll 1D6 and consult the table 

below. 

SP Rolls Title Draft

None Rookie None

1 Experienced 2+

2 Veteran 3+

3 Emerging Star 4+

4 Star Player 5+

5 Super Star 6+

6 Mega Star Automatic

If the score equals or beats the score shown on the Draft column then the player has not yet 

drawn the attention of a professional team and will continue playing for his Blood Bowl Sevens 

team. If the roll is less than the score required then the player is drafted into the professional 

Blood Bowl league and never seen by his Blood Bowl Sevens team again. You should remove 

the player from your Roster and adjust your Team Rating accordingly.

If you have any questions please reach out the Ordo Bowl Commissioner savion47 on the Ordo 

Fanaticus forums (www.ordofanaticus.com). Understand that as a coach of a 7s team, you are 

far less important than an Ordo Bowl league coach and it may take some time to answer your 

questions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Did I get this right?

Vampire 110

Vampire 110

Thrall 40

Thrall 40

Thrall 40

Thrall 40

Thrall 40

Thrall 40

Thrall 40

Apothecary 50

I took day off so I'm in. I'll pay up Tuesday.

We doing a potluck thingy?

Everything looks correct. We should do a "potluck thingy".

POTLUCK THINGY RULES:

Playing 5 games of Blood Bowl is a tiring affair (even if they are shorter). Having a potluck for everyone to munch on during the tournament is a great way to provide some much need refreshment. In fact, because I like eating more than Blood Bowl, there will be the "Master Chef Award". Bring your best dish to share and everyone will vote for their favorite dish at the end.

Please announce the dish you are bringing in this thread so that we do not have 10 people bring coconut macaroons... because I hate coconut macaroons.

• Like 3

What kind of prizes are in store for this event?

Well besides having the opportunity to give a a few players a leg up going into the League starting on 2016, the following awards will be given out:

Best Coach - For the coach with the highest win record. Tie breaker will be TD difference, then most TDs, then dice off.

Head Smasher - For the coach that causes the most casualties during the event. Tie breaker will be TD Difference, then most TDs, then dice off.

Master Chef - For the coach that brings the best food as voted on by the attendees. Tie breaker will be done by me.

There you have it. Get signed up, and get ready for some fast paced BLOOD BOWL action!