Warhammer: Age of Sigmar - OrdoComp v.1.2 (Updated 9/24/15)

Sylvos

Greetings Ordo Fanaticus,

In an effort to create a system of organized play for our up and coming Warhammer: Age of Sigmar events, I have decided to roll out a structured organized play model for the community to critique and help test out before it is directly implemented into Ordo Fanaticus Warhammer: Age of Sigmar events.

Please leave your feedback after reading through and making several lists.  The idea here is not to try to "break" the system because it is not designed to restrict what you can or can not take but rather provide a guideline for making tiered lists to play in Ordo events.  Try making lists at different increments such as 20, 25, 35, 45, 50, 60, 75, etc...

It has taken me about a month of crunching numbers, list building and play testing to finally roll out the version 1.0 of this composition package.  I have been adamantly opposed to adding point values to models since AoS came out but I am happy to try to assign composition values to units that are broad enough to allow flexibility yet still keep some semblance of structured play.

Anyway I now give unto you - OrdoComp - Warhammer: Age of Sigmar Composition Package v.1.2

Change Log:

9/4/2015 - Added OrdoComp v.1.0

9/4/2015 - Added OrdoComp v.1.1 

- Addressed formation costs as Light Warscrolls
- Addressed scenery costs as 0.

- Specified that units in formations must still be purchased using warscroll composition costs.

9/24/2015 - Added OrdoComp v.1.2

- Addressed 3+/d3/d6 damage model calculation when only a single model in a unit has it

- Addressed 3+/d3/d6 damage model calculation against singular keywords

- Cleaned up grammar and keywords

- Removed several Organized Play and Scoring sections

- Revised layout of Composition Package

OrdoComp 1.2.pdf

• Like 2

Really like what you have going here!

Was plugging in my list for tonights session and got a question.

What listing category should I use for my unit of Black Knight?,they are 2 wound models with a min of 5 in the unit but they hit of 4+ and have a save of 5+,would these be a Normal scroll unit since they don't meet the light scroll unit even though they are 2 wounds each?

Also since they can be summoned and by the brb I just have to include the scroll in my army to gain the spell to summon,do I need to pay for all the possible model/unit totals I could make with them?...to clarify,I have 10 models but would like to start with 5 on the board and bring in the other 5 after game start...do I pay for 2 scrolls of 5 or just one unit of 10?..or just the first 5 to get the summon ability?

OK..I see that they should be considered a light scroll,,just need clarification on the summoning issue and how much to pay.Actually I have the same issue with my Skeleton Archers,heh.

Two wound models do not qualify for a light war scroll unless they are a singular model that can have additional ones added to it, the Black Knights are 2 wound models with a minimum of 5 so they are normal..  A light warscroll are going to be the models that you typically see in large hordes like goblins, or skeletons or skaven and such. 

So you would have a list like this:

Army list:

5 Black Knights - 4

5 Black Knights - 4

5 Black Knights - 4

10 skeleton warriors - 2

10 skeleton warriors - 2

10 Blood Knights - 7 (1 per 5 wounds added so 3)

Corpse Cart - 4

5 Hexwraiths - 6 (1 per 5 wounds for mortal wounds)

Necromancer 4 (2 for scroll 1 for wizard, 1 for d3 wounds)

Total:  37

Scenario is a 25 warscroll limit so you pull from your Army List.

5 Hexwraiths

Necromancer

Corpse Cart

5 Black Knights

10 Blood Knights

Total: 25

You can summon up to 13 additional points of warscrolls during the game from your Army List.

So you can summon the Skeleton Warriors, the Black Knights, etc..

Adding up all my Stormcast comp totals and came up with another question,

For models/units that have a random potential to cause 3 damage or more/d3 or D6 damage,do they still get the additional comp point?. Example would be Protectors were if they roll a wound roll of 6 and the target is a monster then they do d6 damage instead of 1.

Same situation with Mortal wounds on some units/models.

Has anyone applied this to the current scrolls and compiled a list of their ratings?

So far yes, it isn't going to align with what you will get with SDK or Azyr comp as there will be no individual point values assigned to models vs. entire scrolls.   However, it has applied fairly well thus far.  I'm awaiting more feedback to release v 1.2. should it be necessary.

So far the only thing Ive noticed that could be an issue is the extra damage tax.For instance a block of 30 Savage Orcs(used to be a pretty common size) would fit the bill for a light scroll with 20 additional wounds,thus a score of 4..all fine and dandy but when you add in the Big Stabbas they jump to a 14..that adds up to 3 models that each have 2 attacks and do 3 damage,its a potent addition to the unit but im not sure it should more than triple the comp score.

And in other cases like my Stormcast Paladins were they have a random chance(1 in 6) of doing Mortal wounds and d3 extra damage its especially harsh.This takes a unit of 5 models from a comp score of 4 up to a 12,granted one model does an auto d3 Mortals in combat but the others only proc mortals on hits of 6s.

Perhaps something along the lines of making the penalty be counted per point of models that can inflict the extra damage instead of counting the total wounds in the unit as a basis.

Anyhow..More Testing!

Up next OnG`s!

So far the only thing Ive noticed that could be an issue is the extra damage tax.For instance a block of 30 Savage Orcs(used to be a pretty common size) would fit the bill for a light scroll with 20 additional wounds,thus a score of 4..all fine and dandy but when you add in the Big Stabbas they jump to a 14..that adds up to 3 models that each have 2 attacks and do 3 damage,its a potent addition to the unit but im not sure it should more than triple the comp score.

And in other cases like my Stormcast Paladins were they have a random chance(1 in 6) of doing Mortal wounds and d3 extra damage its especially harsh.This takes a unit of 5 models from a comp score of 4 up to a 12,granted one model does an auto d3 Mortals in combat but the others only proc mortals on hits of 6s.

Perhaps something along the lines of making the penalty be counted per point of models that can inflict the extra damage instead of counting the total wounds in the unit as a basis.

Anyhow..More Testing!

Up next OnG`s!

Savage Orcs in no way fit the bill for a light warscroll.  They are a normal warscroll.  They need a 4 to hit, 4 to damage on practically everything except a fist which they will be using as a secondary attack.  If you take a big stabba you're adding the 3 damage weapon tax onto the entire unit - rightly so.

I may just need to clean up the language on what constitutes a light warscroll qualification.  

Also I'll evaluate if only 1 part of the unit has a high damage option if that should be counted or have a different factor.

• Like 1

Bretonnian Men at Arms-

6+ save 5+ to hit,4+ to wound,Min 10 model WS

However if they don't charge in a turn then they gain +1 to their save for their Tower shields,does this take them from a light to a medium score?

Same question goes for any min WS that meets the light criteria but gains the +1(or more) to hits or wounds if they increase model numbers above a certain threshold.

Sylvos, I'm trying to grasp your comp system.  I am going to be test playing it down here and just want to make sure I am using it correctly.  If I am taking a seraphon army with a total of 42 war scroll points I can have up 42 points fielded on the table and then can keep up to 21 war scroll points for summoning.  Is this correct?

Sylvos, I'm trying to grasp your comp system.  I am going to be test playing it down here and just want to make sure I am using it correctly.  If I am taking a seraphon army with a total of 42 war scroll points I can have up 42 points fielded on the table and then can keep up to 21 war scroll points for summoning.  Is this correct?

If you have fielded 42 points of Warscrolls you may summon up to 21 points of additional warscrolls (that are in your Warscroll Compendium i.e. Army list).  I'll be releasing a 1.2 version hopefully next week.

I think I need to clean up some language and definitions not to mention evaluate how models with a single characteristic that does D3 against specific keywords are handled.

• 2 weeks later...

Applying the new version to the starter box sets I come up with:

Stormcast Eternals-

Lord Celestant on Drakoth 7

Lord Relictor 5

3xRetributors 5

3xProsecutors 4

5xLiberators 4

5xLiberators 4

Total 29

Goretide-

Mighty Lord of Khorne 4

Bloodsecrator 2

Bloodstoker 2

Khorgoraths 6

5xBlood Warriors 4

20xBlood Reavers 6

Total 24

This seems pretty accurate to what im seeing on that table in that the Stormcast seem to have a clear edge when the game is just the starter models.Interesting note I found when looking over the Khorne forces,Khorgoraths can have any number of models in their Warscroll and with the comp system you can add an additional for only 2 more comp or add 2 more for an additional 5 comp.

• Like 1

Just came up with a needed clarification on one of your added footnotes in this version.

On the double asterisk note were you are defining that only the models that actually cause the Mortal wounds are counted for the added score..is that still using the "per 5 wounds" criteria?.If so then in the case of the Stormcast were each unit of Paladins can take one Starsoul mace per 5 models,they wont have to pay the comp point as that model only has 3 wounds.

Perhaps it should be added that a minimum of one comp point will be added if the wound total is less than 5 amongst models counted.

• 3 months later...

Interesting.

First, how does this game handle units/models which are gained during play, but are not summoned? There are numerous examples. A chaos lord's command ability to bring undescribed units with the SLAVES TO DARKNESS, keyword. Or when a model is transformed into CHAOS SPAWN by any number of a variety of non-spell and spell effects, but are not summoned.

Second, the main bit I don't get is related to models that are both heroes and monsters, especially mounted hero monsters. Seems like I could choose to have them be Light, Normal, or Heavy Warscrolls, as a mounted MONSTER HERO is still a unit which is a HERO, a unit that is a mounted HERO, and a unit which is a MONSTER HERO. I don't see anything within either the light, nor heavy, scroll description which requires me to use a particular one. This is probably not intended.

Beyond that, I am curious as to a point of clarification: My scroll case could contain any number of scrolls and is not limited by the event, right? As I read it, my limitations are in the scrolls selected from the scrollcase to be the starting point total and the summoned unit total, but my scrollcase is not actually limited.