Ba'kash box art colors question

taran.shannara

I'm getting ready to start painting my Ba'kash and wondered about the color of the ships.

I've seen some alternate paint jobs with some searching around but had a question. They look to be a dark copper color with highlights. Is this just because or is there something in the background that the metal/material they use is this color? Guess I'm getting hung up wanting the look of the x-wing, battlestar galactica, stargate, trek ships where mostly the ship hulls are various grey metal shades on the panels. I was thinking maybe do grey base and then nmm copper for what looks to be extra hull plating.

Guess I didn't ask the question clear enough.

I know how to paint the models like the box art but what I want to know from someone who has played a while is there anything in the background lore of Ba'kash that "requires" the copper metal color; or was it maybe just the painters whim to do that color scheme. I've reviewed the rulebook and alliance book and didn't see anything about paint schemes other than some of the smaller ships would decorate themselves and one can tell the state of affairs by reading the painting on the ships.

Put another way, if I wanted to paint it in grey tones with the engines and such hot colors instead of dark copper would it be outside of cannon and people who play would frown upon it as a newbie mistake.

Guess I didn't ask the question clear enough.

I know how to paint the models like the box art but what I want to know from someone who has played a while is there anything in the background lore of Ba'kash that "requires" the copper metal color; or was it maybe just the painters whim to do that color scheme. I've reviewed the rulebook and alliance book and didn't see anything about paint schemes other than some of the smaller ships would decorate themselves and one can tell the state of affairs by reading the painting on the ships.

Put another way, if I wanted to paint it in grey tones with the engines and such hot colors instead of dark copper would it be outside of cannon and people who play would frown upon it as a newbie mistake.

You may paint your fleet with whatever colors you want.

My Aquans are Golden...

• 6 months later...