BFG on PC

dashneeb

Not fond of the company they have doing dev for it based on prior releases...  Looks like it has been in the works for two years or more and has been their exclusive focus to the detriment of all other properties.

Graphics look absolutely gorgeous.  Although it is true to the tabletop game, I am sad that it is 2-dimensional.  Gameplay looks to be real-time, not turn-based, and there was no mention of a turn-based option which is what made BloodBowl such a successful adaptation.

They make a big deal about the single-player campaign but I know nothing about their ability to write AI so I cannot comment on whether or not that aspect of the game will even matter.  For me, I will say that the single-player aspect is what I enjoyed most about Space Marine and Dawn of War so it influences my decision about the game although it may not impact yours.

I was discussing this with a friend.  I for one, really wish that they would put their own spin on the game.  A replication of the Tabletop doesn't strike me as something that's awesome, but would appease someone certainly.  But we discussed Space Hulk which was simply a translation of the board game and besides the fact it was buggy, I'd have actually preferred it got a Rainbow Six treatment, where you planned out your mission and then could switch between Terminators as needed.  Think it would have made for a much more fun game, but again, just for me.  

I haven't played Blood Bowl so I couldn't comment on that.

Ummm, Co-Producer means the money.  Who cares about the money?  You would not think GamesWorkshop has a lot to do with how the game plays or how buggy it is, right?

The other titles by the code monkeys are: Etherium, Stellar Impact and Bunker Constructor (an iPhone app not ported to android).  

Etherium came out in May to mixed reviews and a 62 metacritic.

Stellar Impact came out in Apr of 2012.  Immediately got 4 DLCs for pay and then was abandoned by the Devs less than a year later.  Reviews are mostly negative.  Metacritic is a 74.

Most helpful review for Stellar Impact begins

Biggest scam ever. False promises, blatant lies and then abandoned by devs. I will never buy anything from this company again and recommend everyone to avoid these developers. I wonder how game which is dead for more than 2 years and it's MP only could still be on market. To me it's a dirty fraud.

So yeah, color me skeptical.

I was discussing this with a friend.  I for one, really wish that they would put their own spin on the game.  A replication of the Tabletop doesn't strike me as something that's awesome, but would appease someone certainly.  But we discussed Space Hulk which was simply a translation of the board game and besides the fact it was buggy, I'd have actually preferred it got a Rainbow Six treatment, where you planned out your mission and then could switch between Terminators as needed.  Think it would have made for a much more fun game, but again, just for me.  

I haven't played Blood Bowl so I couldn't comment on that.

You mean like a replication of the tabletop where you'd need to commit to a day job in order to afford your fleet...then you'd have to allocate time to learn how to, and to, paint your fleet...and then still gain time to play the actual fleet battles..... :tongue:

I hope they do something like Star Trek Fleet commander (i Think thats the name?)

Where basically you command your ship, your officiers all have health bars and their locations, you an fire weapons individually, upgrade crew and ships, have structural point health and can beam people over to capture a ship or to hit and run. So many details it was awesome. 

You can kinda give orders to the other ships in the fleet. That was ana awesome 2 d game. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Starfleet_Command

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Decided to bring this thread back to life. I haven't played a video game in probably a decade but this has me intrigued. I don't play any GW games but I adore the lore and I'm a regular reader of their novels. Does anyone recommend BFG Armada as a single player game for someone who isn't very good at PC games?

• 3 months later...