Fallout 4

1 hour ago, Chexmix said:

I think Skyrim HD is the better game for sure. Fallout 4 is good but it's no New Vegas.

I played new Vegas so much I enjoyed a new setting... have to say tho I enjoyed the bullet crafting in New Vegas so much more than the stupid settlement stuff in 4. I'm actually thinking I'm going to just use the house in diamond city next play through...

• Like 1

With some dlc there are ammo presses. Fertilizer and lead allows certain ammo types. I really liked match grade and being able to strip bullets down and remake what I wanted/ needed. I amass large quantities of bullets and sometimes I'd like to mess around with a high firing rate gun but don't have enough ammo specifically for it. Bee nice to be able to take surplus from other calibers and switch it around like I did in Vegas. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Don't have fallout 4 installed, but I just noticed that there is an option buy in-game money via the playstation store. So looked this one up on the internet. They call it the Fallout Creation Club. Took me a while to figure it out, but basically they are paid mods that do not disable achievments (unlike the free mods). Mods can only be purchased through an in-game menu and that is all the in-game currency can be used for. I've heard it is extremely expensive, though I've also heard that some free mods exist within the paid mod store.

Installing the game to check it out, but I'll probably be disappointed....Anyway, thought I'd mention the update. 

Hmmm...well installed the game and accessed the creation club option from the menu. Disappointing. There's only like 15 total items. 3 new weapons, a few new suits of armor, several skins for pip boys and power armor, a single piece of mundane furnature, and one neat item: a backpack with aledged customization options (but nothing in their store's description to explain it). 

Cost wise, the item in the store are cheap, with 400 "credits" being the most expensive item I found. That said, the playstation store currency option is $7.99 for 750 credits at minimum. So you can't just buy 400 credits. And despite having the option to purchase 5,500 credits from the PS store (for $40), there's really nothing to buy with that many credits. 

I'd be happy to purchase some more DLC, but this is pretty disappointing to me. 

On 10/4/2017 at 10:58 AM, paxmiles said:

Hmmm...well installed the game and accessed the creation club option from the menu. Disappointing. There's only like 15 total items. 3 new weapons, a few new suits of armor, several skins for pip boys and power armor, a single piece of mundane furnature, and one neat item: a backpack with aledged customization options (but nothing in their store's description to explain it). 

Cost wise, the item in the store are cheap, with 400 "credits" being the most expensive item I found. That said, the playstation store currency option is $7.99 for 750 credits at minimum. So you can't just buy 400 credits. And despite having the option to purchase 5,500 credits from the PS store (for $40), there's really nothing to buy with that many credits. 

I'd be happy to purchase some more DLC, but this is pretty disappointing to me. 

This is why you play these games on PC :).  So many mod choices...

1 hour ago, WarlordGhrom said:

This is why you play these games on PC :).  So many mod choices...

My awesome home-made PC fried a while back and I've switched to console gaming as a result. I agree, PCs are much more flexible in both physical design and in the options afforded. I very much like PCs. On the other hand, Consoles are much easier to replace, to determine install requirements, to transport, and I find myself not getting the same aches in my hands/arms/back which I'd get from sitting at a PC. 

I'm on my second PS4 since my PC fried. Replacing the PS4 was as simple as going to best buy and picking up a fresh one. Didn't need to look up system requirements for the games I play or debate the next gen of processors/graphics cards, just a simple process. I suppose I'm getting lazy in my old age, but I sure like the ease of replacing the hardware for the consoles.