Eat it Rebels

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been blown away by the Inquisitor TIE.  I think that it's simply too spendy, a common problem with Imperial ships. And you're paying probably an extra third as many points as you would for a Z-95.  I will have to try it out for certain, because I want the guidance chips, but I can't see me playing a 4 hull ship that is that expensive.

I think it looks super cool though.  Super excited for Imperial Veterans.  Makes the TIE defender almost not too spendy.

For the base TIE Advanced Prototype, you're looking at 17 points with the title, which is too expensive for a 4 health, 2 attack ship, except that it gets the free evade action with every Target Lock which is pretty nice. The Inquisitor himself however, is a steal for 31 points with PtL, title, and Autothrusters (or 30 with TIE MkII instead). I proxied him in last night and was super impressed - having that 1-turn as a green after PtL is really nice.

• Like 1

Well, my concern is usually big ships.  I was playing against a Han ship yesterday that was basically re-rolling dice left and right.  At some point, the measly 3 evade dice and the one evade token dice I have just don't seem to make much difference.  Autothrusters are great at range, but since a TIE wants to be close, seems difficult to make them something that makes a four health ship worthy.

Like I said, am going to try it out.  The really tight turn does look nice.