Batman Miniatures Game from Knight Models

greedo

• 8 months later...

I did some research, and well Harley Quinn sold me again... Ordered the limited suicide squad starter, joker crew, classic Harley, commissioner Gordon, some police, penguin crew, poison ivy crew, and some basic prisoners... Should be enough for lots of games. I'll let you know what I think...

From my reading seems malifaux esque with a focus on small crews. If you have less models you can pass with alternating model activation... Gun ranges are long and they are powerful but line of sight seems to limit them with lighting being a thing...

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.critskillpeople.com/bmgwiki/

Batman wiki page. Took me a while to find it. Lots of the official forum posts seems to be Russian. I'm told the only full color rulebooks are sold in Russia and that their is a newer version of the game that hasn't been updated in the states yet.

Wiki site has downloads for the rules.

Game has an annoying feature of using $ instead of points, so when you read about a model online, sounds like you are paying a lot more than is reasonable for a miniature...

There is an army builder program found here: http://bmg-builder.com/batman.html

So got my package! Wow the models are really good looking, at least in pieces... Glue points look good for middling modeler nothing ultra dumb but some small attachment points.

Reading through some of the rules it is obviously not English first. This actually plays to its benefit though! The verbiage is clear and precise but the phrasing is not conversational reads I little technical and slightly backwards. It is more of a literal translation not a polished artsy translation. I'm a fan of the way it reads and I'm excited to work through everything from building to playing...

Well anywhere I can but prolly mostly at home. Got ivy, penguin, joker, commissioner Gordon, and batman crews. Non descriptive prisoners and police officers to fill out any base crew. First child is over due so that will impact ability to get up and running so no shop push for now.

Wife is planning to play ivy, and I have a close buddy interested once it is built so home with them is where I'm starting.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...