New SW Rumors

pretre

I was just saying to myself, isn't it about time they pulled another 3 SM units out of thin air and pretend they've always been there?

But... but...  this time it's actually true! Time flows strangely in the Eye.

Let's hope the things these lost brothers hunted won't be following them back out later this year.

February is coming, so are Space Wolves

Sad Panda - Dakka

Warhams-77 wrote:

It was. Space Wolves-related?

Yes.

Tyranids in January is nonsense. Fyreslayers.
Imp. Guard in February is nonsense. Space Wolves.

Not counting possible 1-week things (think Seraphon), only multi-week releases.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/390/670756.page#8283997

Darnok - Warseer Forum

I've been told the SW will not get a new codex, but an expansion book - I guess similar to the last Tau update. There will be new models, but I have no details about them (yet).

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?415310-Space-Wolves-in-February-2016&p=7596541&viewfull=1#post7596541

Less reliable sources:

Bell of Lost Souls

There’s a new set of scuttlebutt doing the rounds on the return of the Space Wolves Grimdark Fans:
Sources have relayed to BoLS that the Space Wolves are returning this year, but there are some big caveats:

Look for the Space Wolves to return in the first half of the year, before summer arrives.
    This will be a minor “reboxing release”
    Look for some originally limited edition models to make their way into the standard SW range.
    Look for mostly reboxings with updated bases and the like.
    There is no current word on an updated codex.

So this sounds like a 1-week kind of release sandwiched in between other larger releases, similar to say the Age of Sigmar Sylvaneth release window last year, or perhaps the Grey Knight release, if there is a codex to go along with it.
But no, the Space Wolves aren’t shaping up to be a giant Tau sized miniatures and campaign book overhaul.
~ What do you think the Space Wolves most need?

• Like 1

Um...I dont know what point you're TRYING to make but I said what I meant clearly enough for anyone who wants to understand it to understand it.  Some of the things inide the codex need to be changed because a 2 attack Maulerfiend no longer makes sense when 4 attack dreads are about.  Thats just a common sense thing.

Psyker powers and the whole Psychic focus issue is another.  You can point to "no Formations" although you dont actually need those to win with it.  And you can point to some small nit picky unit option things.

Tzeentch needs help.  If there's one faction that needs help its them and maybe giving them back their second wound would be the ticket.  They used to have two.

No way to reliably deep strike is an issue and one that banners used to handle.  they're formerly Space Marines.  would make sense for that to be in their arsenal.  You dont NEED reliable deep strikes to make ue of the tactic so its not NECESSARY but it makes sense.

So you both can win with them now and they do need some changes to fix the equation with similar things that have NOW been powered up since the codex was written.

• Like 2

Except the number of attacks on walkers is a purely external-balance issue, so if that's what he's saying he's doing a really poor job of it.

It affects the value of Helbrutes relative to other Units in the CSM Dex, making them a more attractive option, without touching the few Units the Dex currently relies on to maintain what viability it has. How is that not an internal balance issue?

Dark Warrior just posted the teaser text from the end of White Dwarf 105 (January 30th issue) on the german forum Gw-Fanworld

"Teaser lautet: Nach 10.000 Jahren kehren die verlorenen Brüder zurück."

"The teaser says: After 10,000 years the lost brothers return."

DW is as reliable as it gets. That issue will be released on February 6th 2016

• Like 1

"That's no three-wolf moon."

On the one hand, I'm happy SW are getting something to maybe make them worth using. Without Grav, without a Battle Company, without even any particularly-good formations, they're arguably the weakest of the loyalist Marine factions right now. On the other hand, the last thing we need is more niche plastic models for also-ran armies when Tyranids, CSM, SoB, and DE are sitting in the garbage can.

"That's no three-wolf moon."

On the one hand, I'm happy SW are getting something to maybe make them worth using. Without Grav, without a Battle Company, without even any particularly-good formations, they're arguably the weakest of the loyalist Marine factions right now. On the other hand, the last thing we need is more niche plastic models for also-ran armies when Tyranids, CSM, SoB, and DE are sitting in the garbage can.

What about blood Angels? ;)