20 members have voted

1. 1. Format?

Hey everyone!

Through process of diving in head first, I'm going to running the 9th Age event at OFCC this year!

I'm still working out all of the particulars, but I wanted to run a quick poll past anyone who might be interested: Would you rather this, the first 9th Age OFCC event, be run in the traditional team format or, since we will likely have a smaller pool of players to draw from than the past Fantasy events, should we start this year out with a singles event? I'm leaning towards singles since I have no idea what the field will be like, but figured I'd take the pulse of the community. Either way this will be a two-day Saturday-Sunday event.

What do you guys think?

• Like 3

(I don't play 9th age but voted)

Singles in order for the initial foray into the event run smoother.  Easier for the organizer to plan and prep, easier timeline for a player to just have to worry about their stuff being together instead of scrambling at the 9th hour (no pun intended) for a team, etc.

Stay safe,

don

• Like 1

Singles please! Team events are ok for conventions and stuff but one on one matches are more manageable from what I've seen in the past.

For reference on how the OFCC has done team events in the past - it's still one on one matches, but people come to the event with their clubmates as a "team" and get matched up against another club each round with team captains sorting out individual matchups. I'd like to get 9th Age into a position to be the second big team event at OFCCs in the future, but for this first year it looks like a singles event will be the way to go.

I just finished moving to a new place so I'm going to be getting started on the rules pack pretty soon here now that I actually have free time again!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bummer.....one of the very few weekends in July or August that I can't do it. I'd like to try 9th age as it looks well thought out and it would be nice to support the effort. My gamer/fantasy psyche was seriously injured last year by Age of Sh**mar, and I've yet to recover. I'm hoping that a combination of 9th age, Ordo events, and Raging Heroes TGG2 will allow me to renew my gamer/artistic spirit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I'm on board! Going to try and rally a few others to join. What's the deadline for buying tix?

As far as I know? July 30th right before the event.

Also, I'm going to making an event post with scenarios and stuff this Saturday when the 1.0 rules (finally) release. The current edition (0.99.5) is rules-final, but they just have some typos to work out so you should be able to start building lists if you want to take a look.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...