40k Opponent Finder

Seth the Dark

I should probably update my info on this thread ...

(I have had my COVID vaccinations - and its has been past 2-3 weeks since the 2nd shot)

Name: Don

Game: Warhammer 40k, Apoc, Epic, Dark-Age, Infinity, Armada, BFG - others to learn (GasLands, Saga, StarGrave...)

Armies - 40k: 2000+ pts of Ad Mech, 2000+ pts Drukhari, 10,000+ Eldar/Craftworlds/Harlequins / Epic: Marines & IG ready to go - Eldar, Orks, Nids, Squats, Necron (all needs work). / Dark-Age: Most All factions - CORE, OutCast, Drgyri-Shadow, Brood - all painted. - rest of factions in progress. / Infinity: Pano & US Ariadna Painted, Nomads working on (collecting Combined, O-12) 

Availability: I work in Tualatin / Sherwood - so M-F after 6pm - weekends flexible.

Preferred Location to play: I can host - in my workshop - I have a table and lots of terrain for variety.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Portland 40k players!

I am a returning player who last played during 7th ed. I finally (mostly) painted up about 1500 pts worth of Death Guard and am ready to start playing again! I am looking for an opponent that is well versed in the 9th ed. rules and willing to work with me through a potentially slower game while I reacquaint myself with all the complexities of this game. I am fully vaccinated and down for Covid safety procedures etc.

It sounds like Guardian games is doing 40k nights on Wednesday again and could be a good place to meet up for a match.

Name: Ethan

Game: Warhammer 40k

Armies - 40k: 1500 - 2k Points Death Guard, 1500 pts Black Legion CSM

Cheers

1 minute ago, Ether said:

Hey Portland 40k players!

I am a returning player who last played during 7th ed. I finally (mostly) painted up about 1500 pts worth of Death Guard and am ready to start playing again! I am looking for an opponent that is well versed in the 9th ed. rules and willing to work with me through a potentially slower game while I reacquaint myself with all the complexities of this game. I am fully vaccinated and down for Covid safety procedures etc.

It sounds like Guardian games is doing 40k nights on Wednesday again and could be a good place to meet up for a match.

Name: Ethan

Game: Warhammer 40k

Armies - 40k: 1500 - 2k Points Death Guard, 1500 pts Black Legion CSM

Cheers

Yes Guardian is a good place to play 40k (or any other Warhammer Game) on Wednesday nights. They ask you a series of questions such as: if you are a beginner, casual or competitive gamer, what points level you would like to play at, if you are willing to teach new players and a few other questions to help match up all players. Just sign up on Thursday around noon because they have been selling out all 30 slots most weeks.

15 minutes ago, deadwing34 said:

Yes Guardian is a good place to play 40k (or any other Warhammer Game) on Wednesday nights. They ask you a series of questions such as: if you are a beginner, casual or competitive gamer, what points level you would like to play at, if you are willing to teach new players and a few other questions to help match up all players. Just sign up on Thursday around noon because they have been selling out all 30 slots most weeks.

Rad thanks for the heads up about Guardian. I was playing at the Portland Game store when they first opened a while back but they haven't started hosting any games yet. I cant make it to the Ordo club house nights on Thursday because of my schedule 😕 

1 minute ago, Ether said:

Rad thanks for the heads up about Guardian. I was playing at the Portland Game store when they first opened a while back but they haven't started hosting any games yet. I cant make it to the Ordo club house nights on Thursday because of my schedule 😕 

Yah its been struggle for a lot of game stores on figuring out how to be able to play in store again during the pandemic. Guardian just mandated that everyone in the store has to wear a mask again, starting today. Its nice that the Guardian Games night does not overlap any other local game nights that I am aware of anyway.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Peter

Armies: Emperor's Children, Death Guard, GSC. Orks. Non-Imperial Imperial Guard, big big army. Plenty of points, plenty of options, all painted to a nice standard.

Availability: I have quite a bit of flexibility over when I can play, not so much in where I can.

Game Location: I have a lovely large studio space on my farm here on Orcas, if you're coming out to the San Juan Islands and fancy a game get ahold of me. I've got terrain, tables, lights, battle mats, everything. Just bring your army out here with you on the ferry and I'll host-- it's a beautiful location for a game.

Other Details: I've been building, collecting, and playing consistently since 3rd Ed. I've played a lot but do not prefer competitive play, I much prefer more casual/narrative games but whatever. I'm flexible, having a painted army that you care about is the most important thing.

Preferred Contact: Send me email- petercarlson@hotmail.com.

• 1 month later...

Name: Chris

Armies: Imperial Fists (I also have the beginnings of Thousand Sons and Necrons, but not enough to play 40k with just yet; possibly Kill Team). Up for 40k or 30k.

Availability: Weekend Evenings

Game Location: For the time being, I need to play in my garage. I have an unvaccinated toddler so I'm very careful about spending too much time indoors at other venues. I have a game table, terrain, and of course booze.

Other Details: Vaccinated folks only at the moment please. I'm vaccinated, just have the kid to worry about. My wife and I are quite cautious but not to the point of being neurotic; just reasonable precautions.

Preferred Contact: cmdurham@cmdurham.com; or message through the board.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Name: Dylan

Armies: Dark Angels/ Tyranids but looking to start a lot more 

Availability: Weekends or nights 

Game Location: Down to host or travel nearby  

Other Details: Haven’t played in quite some time, just getting back into the hobby. Have everything needed (board, terrain etc.) and plenty of space to play games.  Went to a local store recently and played a game of 9th Ed with some help so have minor experience. Looking for local patient/non-competitive people who want to chill and play some games.  I’m 30 years old so looking to play w similar age players.  Ideally people who wanna drink/smoke and play some friendly games after work or on the weekends.  Bring your army and I got everything else covered

Preferred Contact: text, message me or email dprevs@gmail.com, and I’ll send you my cell 

• Like 2