Spike 2016

savion47

Here are the details from their page:

Date: August 27th and 28th

Location: Sapperton Pensioners Hall, 318 Keary Street, New Westminster, BC (Same as last year)

Tickets: $50 CAD

You can find the rules here

Figured I would start the thread for folks who are thinking of going so we can start practicing and planning. Right now I am a definite maybe as I need to see where work takes me in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

What team are you thinking? I'm gonna be pretty available to play test after this weekend. Saturday/Sunday are wide open for the most part if you or anyone else wants to hit rainy day or wow for games.

Not sure.  At the moment the only team I have in my possession is Necromantic; by the time Spike rolls around I will also have a Nurgle, Vampire and Lizard team and enough other parts to turn my Necros into Undead.  It will have to be one of those teams because I have got to take a break on spending money on this stuff.

At the moment I am thinking Necro or Lizards, and am playing around looking at builds but I am so new to this stuff I'm not really sure where to go with it.

I would be up for practice games on a weekend; it would have to be against Necros, unless I could borrow your Lizards for a match.

You can borrow my lizards. I have unpainted skaven you can borrow as well.

Just my 2 cents; it's probly better to take a team with some built-in skills if you're looking to be competitive.

Yeah as I looked at some Lizard builds it is looking a bit scary, no skill on the Saurus and only 9 points to spend is brutal.  I'd rather take a 5 Vampire team and have an excuse to flounder around every game.

Here we go, an excuse to flounder around every match and get drunk every night but still have "fun" :biggrin:

4 Vampires, 4 RR, 9 Thralls, Helmut Wulf

(15 points)

(2) Block Vampire
(3) Block Vampire
(2) Dodge Vampire
(3) Dodge Vampire

(1) Wrestle Thrall
(2) Wrestle Thrall
(1) Tackle Thrall
(1) Dirty Player Thrall

Actually, we can do online play even.  I think I can get a hold of the team files to modify them so you can build whatever roster & we can use direct IP to play.  It's easier with no star players as you just create a team in the campaign mode then export them & edit but I think I can make it work.  I'll let you know shortly.

Actually, we can do online play even. I think I can get a hold of the team files to modify them so you can build whatever roster & we can use direct IP to play. It's easier with no star players as you just create a team in the campaign mode then export them & edit but I think I can make it work. I'll let you know shortly.

Yeah that would be fun. You'll have to treat me like a 10 year old and walk me through every step though.

Kinda, I'm using a SQLite interface to modify the team DB files & manually add whatever stats/players I want then I'm using the direct public IP option to play online.

You can create a team in single player campaign mode, export it & then edit it manually in-game.  It's then saved inside C:\users\USERNAME\Documents\Bloodbowlchaos\saves\teams as a .db file which can be opened in the SQLite editor.  Kinda a bitch to add all the skills manually so I'm getting team files from the OFL online league that already has all the star players/teams built in then adding the star players I want. 

I could walk you through modifying a file if you want sometime.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...