9th Age OFCC Tournament Packet

• 6 months later...

Ya know, I am kind of an idiot. I thought I posted the tournament packet to the ordo boards months ago. It appears that I have not, and have been to self absorbed to notice. My apologies!

As to not generate a repeat thread, I think it would make sense to just continue on this thread. So without further adu...

Come one come all to the T9A OFCC 2017 tournament! We will be sporting the latest rules for T9A at 4500 points. The scenarios are non-standard and the scoring is a bit different than you might be use to. We are hoping to get 16 players in this year! The tournament packet is below. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gnYzYy0ljpcwjosN2M6xhigK6wtXYaLGQ9CGUu0YBg4/edit?usp=sharing

If there are any questions or requests, just let me know. Looking forward to seeing everyone in July!

• Like 2

First off, I'm really pleased that Smashthedean has stepped up to put together a fun event for us to enjoy, so thank you for that.

I plan to work out a list and fuss with it a bit and submit it shortly.

A question/issue that I have after reading the tournament materials is: Am I reading scenario one correctly in that the objective of the game is to detonate the most suicide bombers in the enemy's territory?  If so, this strikes me as really objectionable in today's world, not to mention inconsistent with the fluff of various armies (elves?)

My intention is not to cause problems or make extra work for anyone, it just seemed very strange to me.  What do y'all think?

18 hours ago, Lion of Flanders said:

First off, I'm really pleased that Smashthedean has stepped up to put together a fun event for us to enjoy, so thank you for that.

A question/issue that I have after reading the tournament materials is: Am I reading scenario one correctly in that the objective of the game is to detonate the most suicide bombers in the enemy's territory?  If so, this strikes me as really objectionable in today's world, not to mention inconsistent with the fluff of various armies (elves?)

My intention is not to cause problems or make extra work for anyone, it just seemed very strange to me.  What do y'all think?

Sappers and exploding corpses have existed longer than the United States has been policing the world. 

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 6:06 PM, Lion of Flanders said:

For what it's worth, I did not see it from this angle until I saw this post. Not trying to invalidate anyone's feelings, but I personally don't see an issue for it. From a fluff standpoint, I can see a noble Elf detonating some sort of "Arcane Explosion" at the cost of his life "for the greater good," or some dim-witted Ogres/Orcs trying to set up a bomb and failing miserably at it.

Again, just my personal take on it.

Edit: Also as a note, Smashthedean isn't running 9th Age this year, TheBeninator is. This is just a continuation from last year's thread :)

That is a very valid point, I had not considered the crossover before. I would be fine with switching the scenario out if it is a contentious idea. It was picked solely because the rules for it are so simple. But I cringe at the thought of someone getting a bit excited and yelling out something they might have not fully thought through during the heat of the match, which could certainly generate some problems. 

• Like 2